• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Ski Doo...

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
....wait and see what doo does for marketing however I doubt they do anything cause why would they want to show Polaris, Yamaha, AC anything before they have the product ready to go? This gives all the other companies time to look at the pictures what's changing on their competitors and change their own.....

146ev, I, like most others, believe Doo has something big coming our way, but I disagree that they're waiting to see pics of competitors' new models, so they can change their own. Doo's new sleds are built, tested, and ready to go. They're not changing anything in the next 3 weeks before they release them. This is simply Doo's way of building up anticipation in their customers. It's working too.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
a minimial few of us will be testing something soon at the test quaters, we got a little info sat night, dealers will see it soon in florida, its gonna rock boys, all i can say, and i will get in crap for this probally, think snowcheck....

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
There was changes on the 08xps after release and I believe there may be after the show the product you can't tell me that with continual testing they won't find a small problem and adjust the problem before it goes into production. Also waiting for the others no they are building hype what builds more hype then not seeing or hearing anything?! I let's the mind wander while Polaris is simply slowly leaking out information.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Can someone please share with me how releasing a picture of your upcoming 2013 chassis, it's refinements, on free website, with 30,000 followers (mainly snowmobiling fanatics).... every day or two before your competitor is a waste of marketing money and expensive?

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Can someone please share with me how releasing a picture of your upcoming 2013 chassis, it's refinements, on free website, with 30,000 followers (mainly snowmobiling fanatics).... every day or two before your competitor is a waste of marketing money and expensive?

Well first you have to pay to have the pictures designed, next you aren't released them on this site people are talks the information off Polaris's website and also you have to pay to advertise on the website for the side and top advertisements now is a waste maybe i don't know how much they have invested in it.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
My guess would be 1-2k very max on the pictures. Depends if they took the pictures internally or outsourced them. Also depends on if the graphic designer was internal salary or they outsourced. I could get those done with my contacts for and access to the sleds for about $200 - 300. If I was in a pinch 2 cases of beer, for the exact same quality.

Nothing about there marketing launch so far is expensive in the least bit. In fact I could safely say there ROI for this product launch campaign is probably there best out of all forms of media and campaigns for the entire year.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Nothing will be worse than the cat advertising last year. That stupid redneck trying to sneak into the cat headquarters to look at the ski loops. No one said that was a waste of money.

I hope the new doo chassis is MOUNTAIN SPECIFIC.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Supposedly called the PRO-REV chassis??? F*ck me! Come on, name it something better than PRO whatever

The PRO-RMK
the PRO-CLIMB

originality is a bit lackluster, eh?

M
Nov 13, 2008
New name

Let's get them to change it if that's the case, my vote is for ......." MXP"... simple and to the point, mountainxp! But then we all know the M would turn into a big ugly mountain sticker aka 97 Summit :(

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
What is polaris thinking spending all of their money on those fancy pictures??? Are they trying to go bankrupt?:face-icon-small-con

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Yes its making the actual final promotional image where all the marketing costs rest

:face-icon-small-con

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Nope. They're building hype which, in turn sells sleds. Good business if you ask me.

Oh, I agree 100%. My above remark was sarcastic. I totally agree with the original poster. I wish skidoo would give us something to be excited about.

Polaris's marketing campaign almost has me excited enough to buy a poo. Now that is an effective marketing campaign!

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
Sure is encouraging to see brand loyalty knows no bounds. Sleds haven't even been released yet, so might as well criticize their marketing campaigns. I really don't care who comes out with what. The best thing the sledding public can hope for is a manufacturer to come out with a sled so unbelievable it revolutionizes the sport. Set the bar so high others strive to reach it. Competition can be a beautiful thing...

I will say that I do hope it isn't another "Pro" sled. I can just see the threads now, Pro vs Pro vs Pro.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Nope. They're building hype which, in turn sells sleds. Good business if you ask me.

All Poo has to do is have Burandt make a 30 second commercial saying that he rides a PRO and they are at the top. It's amazing to see how many guys with 2010 Cats sold them at the drop of a hat when they found out he switched brands.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
All Poo has to do is have Burandt make a 30 second commercial saying that he rides a PRO and they are at the top.

...I'll be the first to say Burandt is one Hell of a rider...but c'mon, would anyone buy a sled on that alone??? Hello Sheep, Your hearder is calling!!

...I hope he patened the term "Flickable!"

Ace

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
All Poo has to do is have Burandt make a 30 second commercial saying that he rides a PRO and they are at the top. It's amazing to see how many guys with 2010 Cats sold them at the drop of a hat when they found out he switched brands.

Screw burandt........AND his red hair.

Premium Features