• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recomendation Hard shin-knee guards ?

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I had a few close calls last year and want a some good protection for the shin-knees.

Side hilling along and smacking the knee is a no go anymore.

I want something thats comfortable and covers from my Klim boots to just over my knee. Something that can be worn under my bibs.

So.......what do people like ?

I have looked at the MX style, which are very inexpensive, I just dont know what will work.

gsled04

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2011
I've been using the fox shin guards for awhile, they don't pinch, your pants don't hang up on them and they are not so long as to interfear with your boots. The only drawback is the knee of your pants wear out faster if your rubing up against the back of your side panels.

H

Hrt Offroad

Nov 3, 2008
Okotoks, Alberta Canada
I have worn MX style shin/knee guards for 15 years and they work real well. I also use my Asterisk knee braces too...they work real well and offer lots of support and protection. They are just harder to walk around with in deep snow.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Not to advocate spending wads of cash but you get what you pay for! Trust me I done "R&D" on guards since I was twelve. Try some out as sizes vary.
Mid level articulated with good straps and check for hyperextension protection also!
First time you need 'em you'll never leave home without 'em.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I had a few close calls last year and want a some good protection for the shin-knees.

Side hilling along and smacking the knee is a no go anymore.

I want something thats comfortable and covers from my Klim boots to just over my knee. Something that can be worn under my bibs.

So.......what do people like ?

I have looked at the MX style, which are very inexpensive, I just dont know what will work.

I just use a cheap pair of $20 Shift MX knee/shin guards .... I didn't want something huge like hockey shin guards like the Thor ones were.

A must have if you ride M sleds IMO ;)

Premium Features