• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro's doing what Nytros arent supposed to :)

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Thought they couldnt sidehill? or Downhill turns? Course, it might have somethig to do with a change made to these...soon to be released from a certain vendor...

243sm.jpg

204sm.jpg

082sm.jpg

234sm.jpg

232sm.jpg

101sm.jpg

071sm.jpg

049sm.jpg

025sm.jpg

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Pics are not real.....somebody is amazing with Photoshop! :face-icon-small-win

Everyone knows that is impossible on a Yami! LOL

Ok,

here are a few more...again, photoshop only!!! Amazing what happens when you play with geometry...if it is correct, things are easier....(sorry for a PRO-RMK pic in there...but it was great for comparing back and forth, and with an M sled...) Wouldnt it be great if we had a Nytro that was close to handling in the mountains like those (keep in mind I am a Nytro fan, so NOT bashing)

245Medium.jpg

244Medium.jpg

242Medium.jpg

106Medium.jpg

096Medium.jpg

070Medium.jpg

048Medium.jpg

037Medium.jpg

032Medium.jpg

023Medium.jpg

258Medium.jpg

258Medium.jpg

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Must be using the ridiculously large hand guards as sails.

Actually the Nytro sidehills quite nice in conditions such as those in the pictures. If you can get it to do that on hard snow, then you have done something.

And yes, I have owned one.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Thought they couldnt sidehill? or Downhill turns? Course, it might have somethig to do with a change made to these...soon to be released from a certain vendor...

I was not aware the yamis needed to be changed to do that :face-icon-small-con. me and my buddy have been doing those kinds of manuevers on nytros and apexs since they first came out.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Ya I've never had a problem holding a sidehill or whipping it around and don't find that it's "hard" to do either. But, I know my fair share of people who DO think it's hard and anything that makes it easier for them to do will definitely benefit people who already could do this stuff!

I just modified my tunnel/running boards but every picture I see of those airframe running boards makes me want a set more and more!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Ya I've never had a problem holding a sidehill or whipping it around and don't find that it's "hard" to do either. But, I know my fair share of people who DO think it's hard and anything that makes it easier for them to do will definitely benefit people who already could do this stuff!

I just modified my tunnel/running boards but every picture I see of those airframe running boards makes me want a set more and more!

Not arguing, nor intending to have made the statement they cant...just said "they werent supposed to do"

However, lots of people have issues with their Nytros with handling...

Last edited:
B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
NYTRO AGILITY

GUY TOLD ME THIS WEEKEND....GEESH FOR BEING 700 LBS, YOU GET AROUND GOOD ON THAT THING! AS I SIDEHILLED FOR ABOUT 250 YDS, TURNED DOWNHILL AROUND A TREE, HOOKED IT BACK UP JUMPED TO THE OTHER SIDE AND THEN SIDEHILLED FOR ABOUT A HALF MILE ON MY WAY UP AND OVER THE TOP.:nod:

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I would agree that they can sidehill but that is a very steep hill that sled is hanging on in those pics. I have ridden a pro and a nytro and the pro will do that same maneuver much easier. If I could get my nytro to hang that sidehill even close to as easy as the pro I would love it. From the looks of things that nytro looks pretty well at home there.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Does that "certain" vendor know your posting all those photos?:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

I was supposed to ride that new setup Saturday afternoon, but that test ride had to be delayed till this Friday do to some travel/weather issues they encountered.

From what they told me, and what you have seen, this new setup should be nothing short of AMAZING for Nytro owners.

I really hope it's everything they have told me, I would love for my Nytro to handle better like that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I want to know the secret......What is done to these sleds???

I just fired off a letter to a "Certain Vendor" asking them if I could share some of the specifics of the new configuration or if they wanted to keep it under wraps a bit longer.

Right now they are trying to gather as much rider feedback as they can to gauge how successful the new setup is likely to be and whether or not they need to make any further modifications to the prototype.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Does that "certain" vendor know your posting all those photos?:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

I was supposed to ride that new setup Saturday afternoon, but that test ride had to be delayed till this Friday do to some travel/weather issues they encountered.

From what they told me, and what you have seen, this new setup should be nothing short of AMAZING for Nytro owners.

I really hope it's everything they have told me, I would love for my Nytro to handle better like that.

Yes, and I offered to come pic you up and bring you back :)

they had quite the ordeal in Dakotas in that storm...

will be good to get your input...

Yes, that vendor knows, and was actually sitting in my house, watching over my shoulder while I posted the first pics... :)

have about 200 more pics, that show a LOT more, but they dont want those out yet...reality is, this is a MAJOR improvement, and with the two different set ups they had, it was surprising to see the differnces...I love seeing people bring solutions to the marketplace, that make things better...

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I agree wholeheartedly that improvements from companies like this are awesome. One of the best things about owning a sled or something like my hot rod is constantly pushing yourself and your machine to get better. I think the turnkey people are just missing a lot of the fun in this sport. So I haven't heard of a test market down here in Utah yet. Let your freinds know I am available and I am very good at feedback.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
How soon is soon? I am in desperate need of a new front end. I shattered mine last week. When I tried to buy a barkbuster kit from a well known vendor they told me to hold off since something new was coming out that would revolutionize the front end of a Nytro. Let me in...I will give you all the feedback you can handle.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
How soon is soon? I am in desperate need of a new front end. I shattered mine last week. When I tried to buy a barkbuster kit from a well known vendor they told me to hold off since something new was coming out that would revolutionize the front end of a Nytro. Let me in...I will give you all the feedback you can handle.

Probably not soon enough for you, sorry...

Premium Features