• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-doo, im in shock!

Z

zEEx

Nov 29, 2007
Lake Country BC
They are working on a supercharged 2 smoke........i dont think you'll see that in 2012 though, doo will not go the way of heavy boat anchor 4 pokes.....

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Everyone was all excited about a new big bore/turbo last year after Ski-Doo announced they were releasing a new Summit model, then they came out with the "radical" "revolutionary" Freeride. Yawn.

I am more excited to see what Cat has in store for 2012 than anything but that is not saying I hope Ski-Doo doesn't come out with something sweet. If whatever they have comes with over 200hp I'll be shocked, but what do I know...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
It's a pump gas turbo kit. Don't know HP numbers. But it will be dealer installed for around $5500. Comes with a new ecm. You will be able to install it,then take it off if you want, when you sell your sled. I believe they already have around 15 kits out there all tested by the race department. Hope this helps.
the aero kits being tested by the race department are far from ready for everyday people at this point... early decemeber aero was out in mt testing them.. working hard to get em right, again, this is all the guys at dobeck, and all the guys at aero workign to get em working right and still having issues.. good luck getting your hands on one and having it work spot on right now. needs a lot more time and a lot more miles..

im betting nothing exciting is gonna happen in the turbo world from the factory, it took yami how long to offer em on the 4 bangers.. and they have been bullet proof since the day they came out in 03... even with turbos.. what makes you think factory turbo 2 stroke with something thats already on the edge of blowing up all the time?? dont get me wrong, turbo 2 strokes are a blast, but until they can get them 100% standalone where you cant touch the mapping, then there not coming out.

I would love to be proved wrong.. but with the amount doo already shells out on warranty for NA sleds, what makes you think they want to play with turbos... and like some have said, when you nuke a piston, grab a new injector as well.. and hope thats all it took with it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
G
Apr 23, 2008
Elan twintrack,, 1200 4 stroke alan johnson heads and blower STOCK !!!

new 204" track,, new hydo clutch drive, dry weight 598 lbs...

get your while they last...:mad2::mad2::p

Gus:rant::rant:

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
HAHA

HAHA Gus. When will some pictures be leaked or when will we really know what we can snow check next year? Will it be early feb or later.

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
I am in a tough spot. I know this is the last year of the xp. and the first year of the E-tec. I can land a decent deal on an 11 xp sp but am I going to regret it once this new sled that is way different comes out? Id what to do and i a new sled ever 3 year kinda guy not every year. I have some of this is true but I have heard nothing from the people I know who know things about any motor stuff.

Ummmmmm, Come again

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Sled

I did not want to but a first year engine and the SP was a smoking deal. But I am over it and want an e-tec. I just am afriad I will be in a new chassis more than likely next year. So I might wait and snowcheck or try to buy a freeride. not sure

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I don't think BRP will continue to out-pace the other OEMs in terms of platforms and chassis changes like they have. Cat is still using the same platform they came out with in 2005. Poo's flagship was riding the IQ since 2005 as well. The XP was new in 2008. Personally, in the slowing ecomony and crap sales in the snowmobile segment, I think we will see things slow down in terms of "latest and greatest" and new chassis'.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
it is february and I didn't hear anything new that came out???

did I miss something??

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
no, most likely a release of the new trail sleds and suspensions. probly wont see anything in the s ummit line up till mid or end of month

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Ya there was. New rear suspension for short tracks. Dealer meeting is 21-24 of Feb. You will probably start hearing some things then about rest of the sleds.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
I was hoping for something cool for the etec. like a turbo...
too bad. :(

Premium Features