• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR build

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here is another part that came in.. SLP pipe and can. This thing should start coming together real soon..

slppi.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here are a few things I got and need to install.. MMP Freedom axle, Fabcraft 8 inch wheels, Wahl 3.0 7 tooth drivers, Billet antistab kit (still need to trim the rails :) ), and a new 8.8 gallon fuel tank. More to come and progress starts..

mmp.jpg

fc.jpg

aswheels.jpg

driversw.jpg

newtank.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Got a little bit done today.. Drilled off some brackets, removed the board stiffeners, cut the boards out for the FeetHookers and removed the IQR front end to make way for the RMK front end that will be going on.. Progress is still slow, but at least something is happening..:D

b3.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

sit1.jpg

sit.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Got the RMK front end on and all setup.. Now need to install the foot boards and rear suspension brackets so the skid and track can be installed. Just got the chaincase bearing in today so that will all be next..

sit2.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Mounted up the hood (still need to work on that a little) and just set the skid under it to see what it would look like.. Will get the drivers and skid mounted under it soon when I get a few minutes of spare time..

sled1.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
The sled now is a complete roller.. Skid, track and drivers are officially installed..I also added a gas rack.. :) I have a few more small touches that need to be made, but the motor should start dropping in VERY soon..

iqrfeet.jpg

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Looks good YZ! R the limiter straps really sucked up in that thing or what? the front of the rear suspension looks like its off the ground.

R those the 18" floats u r trying to trade off or did u get the right ones already?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Not sure on the straps yet or if thats where the skid is going to stay.. It is mounted in the stock hole which is a little higher than normal.. It will need some tweaking.. :)

As far as the shocks go, those are the 18's I have..

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Sweet looking sled you got there!

A little tip on mounting the front of the rear suspension. On the inside of the tunnel there are some black support brackets, these have got several small pre drilled holes in them. Use the hole right under the stock IQR front suspension mount, this will drop down the suspension as much as you need. I did this when I built my IQR 155, worked out perfect:)

Looking forward to seing this thing finished, love the look of a stretched IQR;)

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Sweet looking sled you got there!

A little tip on mounting the front of the rear suspension. On the inside of the tunnel there are some black support brackets, these have got several small pre drilled holes in them. Use the hole right under the stock IQR front suspension mount, this will drop down the suspension as much as you need. I did this when I built my IQR 155, worked out perfect:)

Looking forward to seing this thing finished, love the look of a stretched IQR;)

Thank you..

I took your advise and drilled the new holes and lowered the front end of the skid. I also dropped the limiters down to the bottom.. They were in the middle before.. I also did not like the way the rear was mounted with the brackets, so I took them off and re-mounted those also.. Was a long night.. :) I think the rear suspension is finally done though.. With the exception of a few more rivets..:face-icon-small-ton

Does the front of the skid look like its at a better angle now??

iqrfeet2.jpg

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
That does look better! There is a lot more track on the ground. I just got my sled to where i think i want it but im sure there will be more adjustment needed as the snow starts falling! Good luck! Looks Great!

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here is the latest mod.. Wasnt entirely needed, but I like the idea of still being able to grab the bumper, if I get this thing buried.. :) Havent seen an IQR with one of these yet..:thumb:

prormk.jpg

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Yea, I know.. I am just waiting for a few parts to arrive to start dropping the motor in.. I really dont have too much left to do.. Good thing too since the snow will be flying shortly I am sure.. :tea:

Premium Features