• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR build

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
This is going to be a very slow moving topic as I am having a hard time getting the time and money to get this rolling.. It started out as an 07 IQR 440. The list of items I have purchased for this sled so far is:

600HO motor
SLP pipe and can
SLP Powder Pro's
RMK 151 rear skid
153 Maverick track
BRTech Thrasher hood
Fox Float front shocks
Fox Zero Pro rear shocks
VE tunnel extension
MeatHooker FeetHookers w/graphics
MeatHooker rear suspension brackets
MMP Axle
FabCraft 8 inch wheels
Billet Anti stab kit
Wahl anti ratchets
8.8 Gallon fuel tank
Black tank cover
09 RMK arms
08 RMK spindles
Pro RMK snow flap

There is still more to come and the list will be edited as parts arrive. I will post pictures as the build progresses as well. Here is a picture when I brought it home. The graphics have been removed since then.

IQR.jpg

Last edited:

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Awesome!

Never seen an IQR converted to a mountian sled in person, but love the looks from pics. I hear you on the budget deal, sucks waiting to be able to buy the last few parts when the project gets close... Good luck and enjoy!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
its about time man, lol...jk..

i still need to send you the gears...cant seem to find the top one right now??? ill keep you posted..

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
sounds like a sweet build, just curious why your switching from WE Needle shocks to fox floats, thats a big step backwards, if your die hard on fox i'd go with some evols or evol-x's their the only shocks fox has that compete with WE needles

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
sounds like a sweet build, just curious why your switching from WE Needle shocks to fox floats, thats a big step backwards, if your die hard on fox i'd go with some evols or evol-x's their the only shocks fox has that compete with WE needles

Ditto, float 1 or 2's are mediocre in every aspect to the WE needles, save for weight.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Nice YZ
looks good make sure to keep the pics comming and sorry i have not chatted in awhile...good luck

I will snap pics every time I do something to this sled.. :) Keep in touch!!

its about time man, lol...jk..

i still need to send you the gears...cant seem to find the top one right now??? ill keep you posted..

No hurry.. :) I didnt see snow in the next weeks forcast and I doubt the sled will be ready for them soon anyway..:face-icon-small-sad

The Walkers were super stiff and I have always had good luck with the Fox shocks. The Evols are sweet.. I had them on my quad, but honestly for what I do, they have more adjustment than I would use + the cost is huge for my budget. If these Floats dont work like I am hoping than I will try something else.. :smokin:

Thanks everyone for the compliments and support.. I will have plenty of pics to follow this thread as the build progresses and parts arrive.. I will start snapping pics of individual parts.. If anyone has any tips, please feel free to send them on..:face-icon-small-hap

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here are a few pictures from tonight.. Snapped a pic of the dirty SLP skis :), the front shocks and the mock up of the hood.. Was able to get the hinge bolted on it and am working on the airbox shelf. I needed to make sure everything was going to line up correctly. It will fit and look better once it is actually bolted onto the sled.. I will also be adding vents to this hood. As you can see, where I removed the graphics you can still see their outline.. I will try a few different things to try and even the color of things out.. More pics to come as I complete more.. enjoy :photo:

sle3.jpg

sle1.jpg

sle4.jpg

sle2.jpg

Last edited:
Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Here are the footboards that will be added.. :) Also a pic of the rear suspension brackets.

footb.jpg

footb2.jpg

rearb.jpg

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
We always revalved our walker evans shocks with great results. Once you get them soft enough that you can actually use the clicker adjustment the are a very nice shock.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
We always revalved our walker evans shocks with great results. Once you get them soft enough that you can actually use the clicker adjustment the are a very nice shock.

I could have done that, but I really wanted to try the Fox shocks.. If they dont work out, I will look into switching back. I am sure they will be perfect for what I need them for though.. :face-icon-small-hap

More pictures to come as things progress.. This weekend was a disaster and there was no time for anything..:Cry:

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
You can revalve and re-spring the WE's to make them a lot more rider friendly.

But... DAMN that thing looks sick. thrasher hood?

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
You can revalve and re-spring the WE's to make them a lot more rider friendly.

But... DAMN that thing looks sick. thrasher hood?

Thanks.. Yea it has the thrasher hood.. Keeping the stock hood just in case this hood doesnt work out.. Some like them, some dont.. I will also be adding a vent kit.

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
Screw BR tech.

Mountain Fit is the way to go. You get so many vents for the price. Plus the customer service is awesome.

Y

yz400ex

Feb 8, 2009
Idaho
Screw BR tech.

Mountain Fit is the way to go. You get so many vents for the price. Plus the customer service is awesome.

Yea, it looks good and is a good price, but not sure what would fit the BRTech hood the best.

Premium Features