• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what is this wilderness bill?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Haven't seen this one, but now this *unt Diana DeGette is now on our shiit list.

http://degette.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=844&Itemid=189

The comment I left:

The people of Colorado DO NOT WANT this proposed 2009 Wilderness Act. If you don't believe me, then start a public poll and you will soon see that over 90% of the public does not want this. How do I KNOW this? Well, Jared Polis was trying to get PUBLIC feedback on a similar issue on the Hidden Gems Wilderness proposal in Colorado. Jared got such harsh feedback from the Colorado public on this issue that he held 3 different town meetings in different areas across the state last month (June 2010) to get the TRUE OPINIONS of TRUE COLORADOANS WHO ACTUALLY PAY FOR THIS LAND. In 2 of the meetings 95% of the public was AGAINST ANY NEW WILDERNESS AREAS IN COLORADO. The other meeting, 75% of the public was against it, and this meeting was held in BOULDER CO!!! Colorado already has over 3.3 MILLION acres of Wilderness in the state. Plenty of open uniterrupted space for anyone and any living creature or plant to thrive. We do not need any more Wilderness in Colorado and the general public is against your proposal for new Wilderness. For the first time why doesn't our Government listen to the people WHO ACTUALLY LIVE IN COLORADO and PAY for this land for a change instead of making decisions YOU deem fit.

Thanks for your time

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Fascinating. DeGette's official government website uses links to private organizations to illustrate her proposal. Try clicking on "Granite Creek" (Mesa County) and you get sent to canyoncountry.org.

Premium Features