• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling out Turbo Jamie....

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Obviously he's hiding behind the keyboard otherwise he wouldn't have any problem giving his name....it's just a damn name.
BJ's calling you out and your still hiding....why?

I bet a million dollars that he went with BJ's baseline jetting and never touched it, then ran 94 octane....anyone else see the problem? Then he probably never tried different clutching. Every motor/sled/rider is different and you need to be able to tune to your application. Don't blame BJ for your lack of knowledge and tuning. If you were having problems a phone call to BJ probably would have saved you all this beotching and saved our eyes and ears all this damn whining.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Obviously he's hiding behind the keyboard otherwise he wouldn't have any problem giving his name....it's just a damn name.
BJ's calling you out and your still hiding....why?

I bet a million dollars that he went with BJ's baseline jetting and never touched it, then ran 94 octane....anyone else see the problem? Then he probably never tried different clutching. Every motor/sled/rider is different and you need to be able to tune to your application. Don't blame BJ for your lack of knowledge and tuning. If you were having problems a phone call to BJ probably would have saved you all this beotching and saved our eyes and ears all this damn whining.

I'd bet he never owned a SHR 860.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Kits sold with clutching and jetting pull the rope and go motors, hardly the case. Sold it after the replate to some other sucker I wasted 3/4 of my winter on it screwing around with jetting and clutching trying to make it work. Wasted my season so I have no faith sorry but unimpressive. My buddy has a terra alps kit in his sled and its a pooch my stock Hill climb XRS drills him weekend after weekend he's calling them buying all sorts of crap trying to make it faster.

i ran a terra alps head on my 08 and it rocked. never lost to any stocker.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Will you offer a money back guarantee in writing that your 800R big bore will run down a bondi modified 800R? I have acutally given your big bore some thought but I was thumbing though an amsnow and saw your bb was rund down by the dynoport setup whats up with that? I have heard good things however I have yet to see anything run down my bondi modded 800r if you were willing to put up a top end with a money back written guarantee I would do one since we have 2 x 800r xrs sleds coming. Seems like a good side by side test no?

And I was referring to the dynotech runs of the bondi motor doing 158+ at his dyno.

Here is a post Jamie makes on 4-28-2009 where he is considering BJ's 860, post 265. With the replate in 09 he claims, the season of messing around with it and already being sold to some BJ sucker, sure looks like he has one of those Christopher Lloyd DeLoreans also.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138829&highlight=page=6&page=6

Last edited:
J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
popcorn.gif

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Kits sold with clutching and jetting pull the rope and go motors, hardly the case. Sold it after the replate to some other sucker I wasted 3/4 of my winter on it screwing around with jetting and clutching trying to make it work. Wasted my season so I have no faith sorry but unimpressive. My buddy has a terra alps kit in his sled and its a pooch my stock Hill climb XRS drills him weekend after weekend he's calling them buying all sorts of crap trying to make it faster.

Any time any place you want to test your skills. I live in Chetwynd, BC, have a Terra Alps sled. I have embarrased many stock and modded sleds, with my 860 w/ jaws. I have riden this sled for 2 seasons, so ya I have alot of seat time on this machine and not a lick of problems with the 860 or Terra Alps product. None, notta, zilch.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Any time any place you want to test your skills. I live in Chetwynd, BC, have a Terra Alps sled. I have embarrased many stock and modded sleds, with my 860 w/ jaws. I have riden this sled for 2 seasons, so ya I have alot of seat time on this machine and not a lick of problems with the 860 or Terra Alps product. None, notta, zilch.

xp_tunnel_18.jpg

yip! thats one sweet ride you have fred!!!

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Thanks JB! The sled has no decals anymore, replaced them with willow scuffs. Going out this weekend for the last ride. TurbooooJamie, your more than welcome to tag along. You can either man up or shut up.

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
Thanks JB! The sled has no decals anymore, replaced them with willow scuffs. Going out this weekend for the last ride. TurbooooJamie, your more than welcome to tag along. You can either man up or shut up.

IMG_7706.jpg

terra alps did my tunnel this time around, he did an excellent job! first rate workmanship

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
Im more pissed over my loss of time as I recovered almost all my cost from trying your motor. They don't all work and they don't all perform. The one you built me certinly was a lower compression unit as the domes were 13:1 for my 5000' elevation.

TJ, you admit here ^^^^^that "they don't ALL work and they don't ALL perform"

This would indicate that you have at least some insight into BB motors. Why do you continue to bash BJ? Because YOURS didn't work?

Grow up man. MAYBE you did get one that didn't work well. We all know it can / does happen occasionally. The thing is, with BJ IT DON'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN! QUIT WHINING ALREADY

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
I am going out on a limb here but i have never been impressed with stock ski doo clutching AND never totally been happy with any miracle clutching cure because i have yet to ride any two ski doo that run the same out of the box To come on here and trash a product is'nt really fair when most guys will throw endless amounts of advise and be pretty helpfull i bought a turbo kit last fall i didn't like was my fault they put out top quality product i just didn't like it i'm not bashing them because i didn't like this or that all boils down to is you can't please everyone all the time have i seen a 860 stand out from the rest NO have i seen a well clutched sled stand out YES put the two together HMMMM?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The stupid thing about forums is the people get to hide behind their user names and post whatever they want. Not sure what John is looking to do at this point in time to make it right, but it is a good sales pitch. TJ had 2 of the kits in his group and the results were the same on both. He is just stateing his findings and gets flamed for it. For the guys running the big bores with sucess, great. There are problems with everything and you can't make everybody happy. Hell these new engines are junk compared to what Rotax gave us a few years ago, but we have to deal with what we are being offered. Some work and some don't right out of the box. How can you build anything if the motor is off to begin with?? Maybe this was TJ's case?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
TJ- Its easy for you say "you did everything right" and it didnt work... then type away on the forums...I have a 100 guys that can say just the opposite...granted YOU skip right over ALL the ones that are happy...ummm thats not true either...you actually post your BS on a perfectly good 860 thread too...aka OT...

Case in point- had a customer that was all over the map with his sled/ 860 motor combo...had a friend of MINE "look at it"...after adjusting the clickers DOWN and the shock wave OUT (to load the motor) it picked up 10+ mph track speed...engine ran 100 rpm lower than what it was set at to start with...so how is something like THAT my fault??:face-icon-small-con

SHR took a poor running 880 from last year (couldnt beat a stocker, was going to QUIT snomobiling)...did MY porting/RKT head...and now its animal...kills stockers...customer had the BEST winter ever.:face-icon-small-hap

I DOO try my best offering products that work well and can/does run better than most mods much less stock...but when everyone gets the SAME parts and MOST run well...then whats the variable here??:brokenheart:

As for R/D...some short trackers running in low snow conditions have water temp issues ...didnt have these issues in 2008/2009 (more snow)...but "from my testing to help my customers" switching coolant to "Engine Ice" allows them to run in almost any conditions...EI will be INCLUDED in all kits for customers who ride low elevations next season...:present:

In closing I didnt quit get what I was looking for...(norrowed it down some though:peep:)...thats OK...THANKS to all who support SHR...my level of customer service will continue for any/all who call (even with problems from "other" shops)...so please let this thread die...I wasnt looking for a witch hunt or some long winded argument...BJ:beer;

Last edited:
D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
The stupid thing about forums is the people get to hide behind their user names and post whatever they want. Not sure what John is looking to do at this point in time to make it right, but it is a good sales pitch. TJ had 2 of the kits in his group and the results were the same on both. He is just stateing his findings and gets flamed for it. For the guys running the big bores with sucess, great. There are problems with everything and you can't make everybody happy. Hell these new engines are junk compared to what Rotax gave us a few years ago, but we have to deal with what we are being offered. Some work and some don't right out of the box. How can you build anything if the motor is off to begin with?? Maybe this was TJ's case?

Ive heard that when you send BIG JOHN money, you actually get stuff! Hows that for a sales pitch.........giving your customers the kit/parts they pay you for. :face-icon-small-win

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Looking for a pissing match? Great. There are some things I can post but will take the high road as I'm sure this post is already to involved in peoples perception. If you feel you need to post about something you have zero intrest in then start your own thread.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Premium Features