• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interesting....New Yammie

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
1200+ 3 or 4 cyl in a new chassis, longer stroke, lower RPM, more torque, optional low compression model.

S
10_RsVentureLite_blu_3_ea218972.jpg

+
09OD_Grizzly700eps_duk_S3_429038f4.jpg

It's a venture lite with power steering.

It's got traction for a trail sled: 15x144x1.25 track
Supertrax was out in "-15" and didn't whine about being cold, so you know it's got a huge windshield.
Motor might be different if it's supposed to be smoother.

Look for a Nytro chassis dressed up with venture-ish plastic, the new(ish) 125 fuelie intro'd in the vector last year. It'll have power steering (with very aggressive skis to match), it won't interest anyone who knows what a mountain looks like and it'll cost more.

Two of those things I'm sure of.

S

Swelly

I heard rumors about this sled about a year ago. Yammie had it ready to go, but held back because of the economy and it is going to be a expensive sled.

All new 4cyl w/o gear reduction. Approx 180hp natural aspirated. Drive train was being tested in a modified nytro chasis last year.

Hope I am close.

The other one is also that they have a 2cyl 900 based on joining 2 yfz450 engines. Being a large twin, it would really have to be balance shafted to be smooth. But with the stroke, it would have awesome pull. This was slated for a Narrower framed Nytro style sled.

Last edited:
B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
dealer told me a factory turbo is is the works. I was also told that it may actually be a mcx with a yamaha logo on it. But that means it comes with a yamaha warranty!!! It will be interesting to see, there is always a lot of hype and then I get let down.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I hope they build a ground up mountain sled cause this totally rebuilding a trail based sled and putting it on a 100 lb diet to make it work in the mountains is getting a little old. There is no reason they can't build a proper mountain chassis right out of the shute, I'd gladly pay they extra dough to save the time and trouble in the end, but they clearly do not understand the mountain market at all. The Nytro is a prime example, if they had tested it properly in the first place they would have known the 08 was a total turd (ie: crap track, crap suspension, crap tunnel, heavy as hell) and built it like the 2010 in back in 08, instead everyone out there gets to be the R&D department and 3 years later they fix it. C'mon I mean really do we think this new sled will be any different? I'm not making that mistake again somebody else can work out the bugs this time around. All these "Reviews" to date are trail riders so I guess we'll see but sounds like the same old plan, but hey maybe they'll have a sweet new vid with a chick in new clothes pointing at stuff on the sled and hyping us all up. LOL

M5

P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
For what it is worth (not much probably) I was told by a reputable dealer that Yamaha is planning a four cylinder factory turbo.

Not sure if it involved the Apex or Nitro or something new.

Premium Features