• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP High Flow Air Kit

S
Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Was thinking of doing an airbox mod too until my dealer told me that skidoo won't warranty any engine with airbox mods. Obviously some dealers will turn a blind eye to it and keep this from skidoo when requesting warranty work but for this reason I decided to leave mine stock.

Even in 4+ feet of powder last year in Whistler I did not have bogging issues with the stock 08 intake but I did not like how it iced up at times. Now this year I went to the 09 diaper intake. All my buddies with 09's never had any bogging issues as well last season running stock intakes in very deep snow.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
There was only 2-2.5 feet of powder and it was bog city, and you guys claim to be happy with your stock warts/maxipads/SLP in DEEP powder. Man those must be some magic sleds, my experience yesterday could not be more different.

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
I hate to sound like a broken record, but the timbersled intake works amazing. you will never bog again.(unless theres another issue.)I don't understand why everyone seems to think that they suck hot air and don't run good. perhalps because I have a lot of additional venting, i don't know, but it works.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
I have read many mixed reviews on the timbersled, many said they ended up removing it, and it's too much money just to get clean air.

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
There was only 2-2.5 feet of powder and it was bog city, and you guys claim to be happy with your stock warts/maxipads/SLP in DEEP powder. Man those must be some magic sleds, my experience yesterday could not be more different.

it sounds like you should buy another sled:beer;and sale this junk xp;). the other listing you have listed your not happy and you should jump ship while its still early in the season:D. they have too many problems or you have the only 08 out there with this many problems:eek:. the diaper seemed to work good in the deep powder with no bogging just a little wipe once in a while:D.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Put the SLP rubber 2" flow rites in the air box right in front of fuel tank, the sensor still reads the air that comes by it, NO MORE BOG, just smiles. If your handy cut the back out and make your own, with a little flow rite material, just like Al said. I've been running this for 3 yrs NO Problems. This will match Timber-Sleds all day long, and maybe even better for 1 tenth the price. I have put this in many sleds for guys for 3 yrs, no bad comments come back at all, it just plain works.---Ken

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Thanks ken, I like the simplicity and cost, My only concern was that the sensors would be getting inaccurate readings. If you vent the back of that airbox, virtually no airflow will pass thru the hood airbox past the sensor.

D
I have the SLP fresh air intake on an 09 x with low windshield and a friend has an 08 with stock intake. I have to clean my filters 10 times more often then the 08. I have since done the dash pod intake from JC's custom vents. If the exterior dash vent gets pluged it will still pull under hood air and it still passes by the sensor. SLP intake SUCKS!!! If I loose the warranty because I had to make my mountain sled go in the powder, well there is other sled manufactures.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Was thinking of doing an airbox mod too until my dealer told me that skidoo won't warranty any engine with airbox mods. Obviously some dealers will turn a blind eye to it and keep this from skidoo when requesting warranty work but for this reason I decided to leave mine stock.

Even in 4+ feet of powder last year in Whistler I did not have bogging issues with the stock 08 intake but I did not like how it iced up at times. Now this year I went to the 09 diaper intake. All my buddies with 09's never had any bogging issues as well last season running stock intakes in very deep snow.

Man I hope that's not my dealer (I-90), because I plan to install the Xtreme air intake kit here shortly. Diaper definitely causes bogs if the snow is deep enough and of the the right consistency. Hasn't happened that often, but tends to be in the worst spot possible when it does.

C
Dec 26, 2007
BOZEMAN
Put the SLP rubber 2" flow rites in the air box right in front of fuel tank, the sensor still reads the air that comes by it, NO MORE BOG, just smiles. If your handy cut the back out and make your own, with a little flow rite material, just like Al said. I've been running this for 3 yrs NO Problems. This will match Timber-Sleds all day long, and maybe even better for 1 tenth the price. I have put this in many sleds for guys for 3 yrs, no bad comments come back at all, it just plain works.---Ken

Can you post any pictures of this? I would be great to see what you did.

Thanks

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
This product is a complete waste of money and time(stupid and sloppy install method). One ride today in the powder and it's bog city because the screen is constantly iced up. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT!!! I must have had to brush snow off it a couple dozen times and the fabric material is stretching already.

Anyone have a CHEAP solution to get cold air? Not really interested in another "Kit".

Did you also install the powder valves?They come extra from the kit,i hope the kit plus the powder valves works, just installed on my sled will be pizzed if it doesn't work.Considered the Timbersled intake but was pretty pricey.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
H2H

No, I didn't install the powder valves. They will prevent the bog at a VERY inopportune time, however you will still need to be very vigilant in cleaning off the stock and slp high flow vents or you will be bringing in only warm air thru the powder valves because everything else is iced up.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
Anybody run the Ski Doo cold air induction kit? I see it in the catalog, but don't know how it bolts up, etc.

funny you ask this , it seems they advertised it in the catalog but before you could order one they have since discontinued the kit , now you can still get it if you buy the pieces separate which is what we decided to do.

buddy got the SLP last year to sum it up in one word ... JUNK!! that thing is a big piece of ****. was kinda surprised ive heard so many good reveiws on it :confused:

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
H2H

No, I didn't install the powder valves. They will prevent the bog at a VERY inopportune time, however you will still need to be very vigilant in cleaning off the stock and slp high flow vents or you will be bringing in only warm air thru the powder valves because everything else is iced up.

That cover that blue ski-doo made looks like it would work,hopefully it won't break off when you have the sled on its side.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
MAN,I am really getting BUMMED OUT with all the negative feedback,maybe i should take it off and send it back,and go with the timbersled,i haven't even had it on snow yet.

if its already on run it man , see how it does. who knows you may like it , i really didnt care for it at all and theres alot more options that i think are better. ive just seen first hand that it doesnt work that well , it helps for sure

kinda like the RPM composites snow deflector , does it help ? yes .
does it cure the problem ? no

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
slp kit

Actually,it's not on yet,just talked to my mechanic as i am doing an 860 kit,and was going with this kit to increase air flow for the modded motor.But he is not as far along as i thought,and has not installed it yet,he seemed to think it would work well,but he also thought the Timbersled was a great option,and I chose the SLP route cause it was cheaper,now i am second guessing,and thinking return and going Timbersled.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
umm if i were you ide call your engine builder that made your 860 and ask him what he would use. surely hes tested to see which one works best with his setup.

let us know what he recommends =)

Premium Features