• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Like him or not, the speach kicked A$$

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
I have no real opinion of Pres. Obama. I decided when he was elected to let time form my opinion. There have been things that I have liked that I have heard about and just as many I don't. To me his cabinet and himself will earn either their favor from me or their dislike from me. I simply want what is best for America, it's people, and those who defend her so.

After watching the President's speach (like it or not, we have to get used to calling him President) I was honestly a little choked up. Not because of a new President, Not because a black man got elected (I could personally give a shizz what color he is), and not because Bush was leaving.

I simply love America and what she stands for. I love being an American and the freedom I enjoy. I love the troops that serve to protect that. His speach reminded me of what America stands for and that's why I felt his speach kicked arse!

Do you remember after 9-11? The unity across America was overwhelming. The flags on just about every house, in car windows, in business', just about everywhere you looked. I miss seeing that, and I miss that pride people showed in being an American. I say let that flag fly and don't be ashamed!

S
sako-

well said you bad mutha trucka. i agree with you on loving America and wanting the best for her--i think everyone on here can justify that one, no matter what side of the fence you are on....but just wait until ruffy and sldgy see this side of you. cheers man.

Y
Jan 4, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Do you remember after 9-11? The unity across America was overwhelming. The flags on just about every house, in car windows, in business', just about everywhere you looked. I miss seeing that, and I miss that pride people showed in being an American. I say let that flag fly and don't be ashamed!

..................i am a vet...................and i miss it too!

B
Nov 28, 2007
Well, he has already proved that he can give a rousing speach that fools and the media will go gaga about but, where is the followup and exactly what in his short list of accomplishments do you see anything that makes you think that he can get the job done in the first place. FYI, I did not watch the speach as i am al obummered out already buit, I can tell you that the bulk of it was about lowering expectations and telling the rest of us that it is up to us to do for ourselves to make it work. Hell, I already knew that and if you did not, you are ju8st another fool that believes in government.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Dunno.... That's one thing he's good at, giving speeches.

Unfortunately, being a good speecher doesn't qualify you to run a country.

W
Jan 2, 2008
I wish more people could get past his speeches, past his retoric and really look at who he is, what he's done and more importantly what he's about to do.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
I almost stayed home to see if my check will get here... but decided to buck the trend and went to work.

I'll need to work extra hard this year to pay for all the promises he's made in his "speeches".

God bless America, in her good times and bad.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, BC
www.cap-it.com
Just another "dumb Canadian" who's about to get a bunch of red rep (please sign them so I know who you are) for what I'm going to say.....

The guy won the election. The other guy wasn't even close. It doesn't matter if you agree or not, it doesn't matter if you like the guy or if you think he's just acting like he gives a $hit. It doesn't matter if you voted for the other guy. The majority of your countrymen voted him in as the President. It's about time the American public had a politician that the majority of them can cheer for. Maybe enough of the citizens will get off their arses and get your country back on her feet where the world needs her.

Americans are wonderful people and I am glad that we have you as a neighbor and trading partner. I'm also glad to have many of you as forum brothers and sisters. There is a renewed hope in your country and maybe that will translate into better times for all of her citizens. I would take your leadership over ours any day.

If he closes a few riding area, adds fuel taxes etc. and it has a net negative effect on your riding, so what. An avalanche will have a greater effect on your ability to ride and there are still a bunch of us sledders that will take off up the side of some mountain no matter what the warnings under the guise of "adreniline" or "weighing the risk and reward". I am not implying any insult to the poor guys that have perished on the mountain this season (or any other season for that matter). My heart goes out to their families who are left to pick up the pieces and move on.

Obama is now the President. The entire world is truly watching now. If he screws up, kick him to the curb in 4 years time.

Let the red rep begin..........

Premium Features