• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polishing your Nytro Tunnel

B
Dec 10, 2009
tunnel polish

I like to use Flitz polish and polishing balls, they make 3 different size balls for your drill. I didn't go for the mirror finish just a really nice shine and it took longer to remove the plastic and seat then it did to polish it.

NLViper

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2010
Great write up as usual Chris and excellent job. I may have missed it but what type of compound was used and what type of buffing wheels did you use on that grinder

M

Mister907

Dec 7, 2008
ANCHORAGE ALASKA
he doesnt say what the first compound used was,but the second round he said he used Pink Jewelers Rouge compound. i imagine the first was more of a prepping type probably.

R
Apr 1, 2011
Tunnel Polishing

Not sure if anyone is interested but i polish my tunnel and have seen a lot of really poor quality polishing jobs folks have put up on Youtube so i figured i would make my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2-X91l_HDY&feature=plcp

Sometimes a vid is worth a thousand words when it comes to polishing and how to use the jewelers blocks for the best results. Without sealing this at the end it will last me a couple months before i have to give it a quick hand polish with some aluminum polish just to clean it up.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a2-X91l_HDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
K
Nov 29, 2012
Lacombe Alberta canada
polish tunnels

hey guys, i used to polish tunnels like that until a guy showed me an easier way and less mess. all you need is some acid for cleaning aluminum,000 steal whool, WD40,and a polish of your choice. not saying its the best way,and its been awhile since ive done it. i just got a nytro and will be trying it on mine ill try to put pics up if you want to check it out.

Premium Features