• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rattley Nytro primary clutch

T

Tige

Nov 27, 2007
Lethbridge Alberta
Diesel Burner

I just thought you were running a Cummins Turbo in that thing. Man that sucker is noisy. If its like the cummins - it will be good for at least 300,000 Kms before you have to worry about it. HaHa
Please someone find a cure for thistle, he is loosing sleep over this issue!!;):beer;

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Update!!

I took my clutch into my dealer and they shimmed it up like they did on the vector clutches.....put it on last night and its a 1000% better.....

THanks Linc for the tip.....if yours is crazy loud this is the fix....installing 20thou shims behind the pucks that hold the spider:)

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
Awesome I have mine off now for a turbo install so I will take it in to get it spun apart. It will be sweet to have a smooth sounding roar!!

W
Nov 12, 2009
winnipeg
nytro clutch rattle fix

i went from a apex with no rattle to a xtx . it drove me nuts at first. first attempt was small rubber o rings on each side of the bolt and roller pin which did remove the rattle. this lasted about 300 miles before they broke up. i then remove the bolts holding the roller pins inplace and them remove the roller pin themselves. i used a micrometer and filed the rollers down to ever so slightly below the sholder of the clutch towers. i then reinstalled the bolts and tightened them. the rattle has gone and it sees to have fixed the problem. i used a file rather than a grinder so i didnt make the roller collers to short which would cause the towers to compress when the bolt was installed and tightned.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
I took my clutch into my dealer and they shimmed it up like they did on the vector clutches.....put it on last night and its a 1000% better.....

THanks Linc for the tip.....if yours is crazy loud this is the fix....installing 20thou shims behind the pucks that hold the spider:)

Last time I was in for service theis shim for the vector clutches has been discontinued for no apparent reason. They could be full of BS just passing on the info I was given. They replaced my orings and sliders but I know it wont last for long, they managed to do that under warrenty so I said wth go for it.

It still rattles just not as loud, but only a temp fix.

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I Did the .020 shims on the spider, it seems to have made it about 50% Quieter. I think I will try the roller sleeve grinding and see what that does!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Couple of questions regarding these 0.020 shims?

1. Are they a stock Yamaha item or are they custom?
2. Can you install them yourself or do they have to be done by a Yamaha dealer?

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
In the USA I think you can order a kit from yamaha. I forget the part number.
In Canada you make your own, I filed down some small washers and drilling out the center hole.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
My 2008 Nytro clutch sounded ike marbles in a tin can. Did the grind down sleeve that helped a little. The fix for me was to take a small spring and cut off one and a half coils and put it in place of the spacer washer on the weights. VERY little noise now. Done about 500 miles ago and all is well.

coils.jpg

Premium Features