• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disappointment/Disgust with Klim

W
Dec 7, 2007
For those considering the purchase of Klim clothing or other gear I thought I'd share my experiences.

First let me say I am a very loyal customer. Treat me right and I keep coming back. I have bought a lot of their clothing and have been generally pleased with it. The problems come because of their warranty/customer service. Though they make it seem really good, the two times I have dealt with them I have been very disappointed.

It's the latest experience that prompted this post and I'll share what happened.

My Togwotee bibs are in excellent condition with the exception of the inner legs at the bottom. I had a broken snap on the gaiters and sent them to Klim after discussing the situation at length with their customer service department (the broken snap and the worn inner leg bottoms. I expected them to fix the snap and contact me about the legs.

Instead I got the bibs back about two weeks later and they had replaced the snap. The inner lower legs looked just as ugly as when I sent them. (Actually worse as they opened up a seam a to access the back side and never stitched it up.)

I called and complained bitterly and despite all the "we want you to be a satisfied customer" talk, in the end that's all it was...talk.

Klim may or may not make good products but their warranty and customer service are lousy. To me it's customer service that separates good companies from bad. Klim's is not good and they have lost my business.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
That sucks, I have had the opposite experience. I have had 2 pair of Tog bibs sent in for minor repair and one came back with more fixed than I expected. I also got a pair of boots replaced after one of them started leaking. I do make the extra effort to send it back to my dealer and get them to handle it, but honestly, it shouldn't affect the service. I hope that you get better satisfaction.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I can honestly say I have never had anything but OUTSTANDING customer service from KLIM.

Even had the opportunity to go into their Warrently Repair center and meet the staff that works in that department.

I am really sorry that you had such a poor experience though, because that is NOT what I have seen.

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
That is weird. Last week I just sent in a 4 year old pair of togwotee bibs that leaked on our ride three weeks ago. Five days later I received a brand new 2012 togwotee bibs under warranty they even covered the shipping to them and back. The eyelets broke out of my boots sent them in and they fixed them and back to me in less than a week. They look perfect ... THAT IS WHY I ONLY WEAR KLIM. They might be expensive but worth every penny GREAT COMPANY

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
My experience has been the same....nothing warrantied by their great warranty :(

Seems like they don't even ask questions if you send your stuff in thru a larger dealer though.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
heck i don;t even own klim and i phoned their warrenty dept. and complained and they sent me a new jacket and pants and a hundred dollar gift voucher...

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
My experience has been the same....nothing warrantied by their great warranty :(

Seems like they don't even ask questions if you send your stuff in thru a larger dealer though.

The part about the warranty is that the warranty is with the gore tex, not klim... If it leaks, klim gets paid to replace it. If its worn, or torn, or something that they call "normal wear" you're sol. But its understandable. How can a company make money if their warranty covers worn out, or misused gear? I'm not siding with klim, I've just gone through the process. Fortunately for me, and my wallet, the gore tex leaked. So I received new garments. I think the problem is people don't read what the warranty covers. And ultimately its up to klim to determine what they will fix or replace, and that's just the way it is. Basically you have to decide to either deal with it, and wear some really good riding gear, or not, and buy something else.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
The part about the warranty is that the warranty is with the gore tex, not klim... If it leaks, klim gets paid to replace it. If its worn, or torn, or something that they call "normal wear" you're sol. But its understandable. How can a company make money if their warranty covers worn out, or misused gear? I'm not siding with klim, I've just gone through the process. Fortunately for me, and my wallet, the gore tex leaked. So I received new garments. I think the problem is people don't read what the warranty covers. And ultimately its up to klim to determine what they will fix or replace, and that's just the way it is. Basically you have to decide to either deal with it, and wear some really good riding gear, or not, and buy something else.

they can make money because they can sell a set of $35 bibs for $350.
I also was more or less blown off about a blowout in a zipper buy the boot on my old bibs.
I am satisfied with my motofist bibs but have not had to deal with warranty with them yet

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I too had a bad experience with klim. Had a zipper fall off second time I wore my bibs. I had a local sewing place put one on cause the klim dealer wouldn't do anything. And when I get home klim customer service tells me no warranty and I have to pay 100 bucks to have them put a klim zipper back on. I like my klim gear but that is complete bs. Not sure if I will buy klim again

Premium Features