• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DuraPro™ Ski Dampener

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuraPro

DuraPro - Perfection by Design™
Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
I see your site says they are meant for an axys.

Anyone using them on a Pro-Ride?

They have been specifically tested on the Axys chassis, but will work on any gripper ski with a standard Polaris geometry spindle. If the spindle foot on the Pro-Ride is similar in geometry to the Axys, then yes, it should work.

Thank you,
Ryan

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
The skis, under the rubber are different on the Dragons and ProRide-MTN Gripper skis, compared to the AXYS.

Have you verified fitment on those? (2007 - 2015 mtn sled grippers)?

Per sheetmetalfab back on 11/16/2017: "All gripper ski’s are the same. The hardware changed from standard to metric in 2011. No change in the plastic part."

Unfortunately we can't verify this since we don't know anyone with that model or year of sled near our location. If there is someone nearby (we are in a suburb of Denver, CO), my cousin or I would be more than happy to go to their location in order to try one on their sled... and put these questions to rest once and for all.

I will say that if Gulfi's dampeners are working on the skis, then ours will work also.

Anyone out there interested or any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Ryan

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I agree with 05900....With the shorter nose on the Pro Ride spindle, where it engages the rubber.... there are different forces on the snubbers...

Besides the different saddle area... the spindle nose also greatly affects the 'character' of the situation.

Something to ponder.

picture.php

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Thank you so much mountainhorse... a picture is worth a thousand words!

Just to clarify, the DuraPro ski dampeners should work in the older style Gripper ski (2007-2015). This is because the dampener was designed off of the Axys Gripper ski with the extra plastic web (circled in yellow in the right pic).

comparison.jpg

Had we designed it for the older ski, it wouldn't have worked in the Axys ski. Now it should work with both.

To address the issue of the shorter nose on the Pro-Ride spindle, you are correct that the spindle nose greatly affects the performance of a dampener... EXCEPT FOR THE DURAPRO DAMPENER. This is one of our main advertisements and one of the reasons for it's patent. Given the unique geometry, the majority of the work is being performed behind the spindle nose (tab).

In fact, I would venture to say that you would be hard pressed in most riding situations to notice a difference between a good spindle and one that has the nose removed, IF the DuraPro ski dampener is installed.
face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Thank you again for your help and kind words!

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
Shipping ETA

Have you started shipping yet? Just wanting to try mine out.

Good evening. I should clarify... all of the orders for our original inventory sold were shipped out earlier this week. If you please email us at Sales@DuraProUSA with your order #, we can give you a tracking number (if you were in the group of orders already shipped), or a shipping ETA (if you are in the group for upcoming production). Thank you for your business and for your patience during this busy time!

Ryan

Last edited:

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
So when will you be filling backorders? It's got quite quiet on here.

Production started up again this week and yesterday we shipped out quite a few sets... and will be shipping a bunch more tomorrow. Currently we seem to be around 2 weeks out from the time you place an order until the time your order ships.

If you please email us at Sales@DuraProUSA with your order #, we would be happy to give you a shipping ETA. We truly appreciate your business and your patience during this busy time. Thank you!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I agree with 05900....With the shorter nose on the Pro Ride spindle, where it engages the rubber.... there are different forces on the snubbers...

Besides the different saddle area... the spindle nose also greatly affects the 'character' of the situation.

Something to ponder.

picture.php

Oh yeah the little cross piece added in the plastic.
Polaris’s attempt at helping the issue (FAIL!!!!)

DuraPro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2017
Evergreen, Colorado
www.DuraProUSA.com
When do you think, reasonably, that you will have more available to purchase?

I can't honestly answer the question since every time we think we are catching up with orders, a new drove comes in and we go back to being 2 weeks out. :face-icon-small-ton A ton of these will ship out tomorrow and those were ordered about 1.5 - 2 weeks ago.

We are currently exploring our options of expanding production equipment / personnel in order to completely catch up. That would also allow us to begin producing and selling our other dampeners and products (which we know alot of people are waiting for)!

Thank you for everyone's patience during this busy time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features