• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cleaning side panels

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Does anyone have any good suggestions for cleaning the white side panels on the 2012's?

I have tried several types of cleaners with not much luck.

Thanks,
m

A
Nov 14, 2010
Alaska
I have a white 2012 as well... Best thing I found was brake kleen.. doesn't hurt the stock stickers/decals either, but will prob eat any aftermarket if you have them... I tried the mr clean erasers they didn't work at all on the white plastics, even with elbow grease... I also tried bleach which didn't do much either.

second best thing I found is the Skidoo cleaner/polish in the spray can.. Works awesome to both clean and polish all the plastics, even the white...

sledr4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Tried the wd and brake clean. no luck with either. Will have to try the other cleaner. not sure what is on the panels as I used brake cleaner in the past it worked great.

Thanks for the replies.
m-

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Had really good result using dirtbike air filter cleaner spray. The brand I used was Spectro foam filter cleaner. Had both sides bright white in minutes. Sprayed it on, rubbet a little with a rag, washed of with water. On some extremely dirty areas I did it twice.
And if a cleaner works on glued foam filters it shouldn't be very aggressive on decals either.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
We use a product called Speedball made by Butchers. Awesome cleaner!!!!! Takes off belt dust, grease, grime, everything. Don't put in on dry, wet your sled down first, then spray everything down you want clean with the Speedball, let soak a minute or two, then powerwash. May need to scrub if it is really bad.

speedball.jpg

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I use spray nine it works really good on my yellow panels and my wife's white ones.

wyobob44

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2005
Sundance, WY
Sled Brite

I have tried many different products when I owned my 07 XRS, it had yellow
panels that were terrible to keep clean, finally tried Sled Brite Belly Pan cleaner, it is amazing, removes tree pitch, belt dust, exhaust marks, works great. Simply spray on let soak a few minutes and wipe off with a paper towel.

http://www.biokleen.com/snowmobile-...Belly+Pan&utm_campaign=13Oct&utm_medium=email

is.aspx

Premium Features