• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 stroke or 4 stroke, both turbo hill climb comparison

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
The answer used to be turbo 4. But the tides are changing. The etec turbos are so new it's hard to say if they are the real deal. But the rmk's with turbos flat dominate.

Yeah on those race hills the big bores hang. But there are a lot of the big climbs that are turbo only.

.02 from a guy who doesn't own one, but rides lots of his buddies turbos.

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
your never going to beat four stroke power, reliabilty and longevity. If its just a straight out hillclimb its hard to beat 300+ hp of a 4. All around riding the two stroke will be more enjoyable I think. I always feel like I got in a fight after riding my four stroke around for a day. Just depends what your looking for.

M
Mar 4, 2012
Well thats going to depend on the horsepower your looking for. If its a straight up matching HP comparison between the two? The two stroke will win, because of the lighter weight and better handling. But for reliability its hard to bet a 4 stroke when pushing big HP.

A
Dec 19, 2011
if you want a play sled 2 strokes rock, they are lighter and the power is awesome.

if you want to stomp huge chutes a 300+ hp nytro is the way togo.

If you want a mix of both, a m1000 arctic cat with a race gas turbo can do over 300hp as well. There are m1000 big bores with turbos pushing well over 300hp

I would say the etec and rmk 800s are taking boost very well. Not in the same league as big boost 4 strokes in raw power. But the weight makes them way more fun to ride.

Premium Features