• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EMERGENCY!! - no spark

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
Ok supposed to be leaving for trip to Grand Mesa tomorrow afternoon. Got clutch as set up after a few days (another issue but resolved) and loaded sled up in back of truck lst night. Sat outside last night (it was below 0) and then went to friends house to load sled onto trailer this evening. Will not start at all. There is no spark. So now I am back at work because now I have to get done what I was going to do tomorrow morning and I have truck with sled in shop where it is heated. Any suggestions on what could be the problem? I was talking to Big John and he suggested it may be the stater. I did check the kill switch mulitiple time and that is not the problem. So tomorrow morning I need to find a dealer that can get it in ASAP and look at it.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
if it was running before you worked on the clutch look for broken or loose wires.especially at the motor plug and coil pack.completely unplug both the kill and a tether if so equipped.. a stator wont go bad from sitting.. Good luck!

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
It was running last night after I got the clutch back on. Actually started and stopped it 3 times to retorque the clutch bolt. Then started it up and parked it in back of truck and that is where is still sits with no spark.

D
Jun 1, 2004
Big Lake, Minnesota
Ok been up since 4:30am yesterday now but I got sled in where I work last night and let it warm up and now it started this morning. I am assuming that something froze up. Any suggestions on what it may have been so I can maybe avoid it in Grand Mesa? Will not have a 70 degree shop to let it sit in at night? Can the stater be effected by temperature?

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
IS THE KILL SWITCH OFF?!?

have you tried test the spark from other sled and if it work on your sled? check the CDI? use the CDI from other sled and put it on your sled and see if it work... check the wires from stator if it was unplug.
thats what i did on my snowmobile to check till it got bad stator.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Most likely you had a little moisture in the switch or kill switch. It was very cold and taking something out of warm garage into that kind of cold can make a lot of stuff stick!

Premium Features