• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I ditch the ACCS on my 00 RMK 700?

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
Im getting fed up with my ACCS (shocking that I still use it now). It worked up until the end of last season and it started running super rich. Since it backfires and runs rich, I want to jet the carbs and just change the jets when I go to wyoming. But Im not sure what to do with the hole in the ACCS box and how to link that all up.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
You don't have to do anything with the ACCS unit on the air box.

On the carbs, cap the vacuum ports and then vent the normal float bowl vents to the airbox. You can buy the little hose barb thingies and screw them in to the air box.

Then use 1998 700 jetting as a starting point.

sled_guy

F
Aug 29, 2012
check other stuff first

It sounds like ike this problem came on suddenly I would check the reeds first( for broken petals ) and also remove the exhaust to look at piston skirts. Back in the day the accs worked well except when it froze up.

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
It sounds like ike this problem came on suddenly I would check the reeds first( for broken petals ) and also remove the exhaust to look at piston skirts. Back in the day the accs worked well except when it froze up.
I tore apart the carbs when I replaced my fuel lines and everything moves and functions just fine. I even looked into the bearings and whatnot since I had a friend who's PTO bearing went out with similar symptoms as my sled. Everything including the heads looks to be fine. Just from all the people I talked to, the ACCS unit was basically a failure in the long run (back when it came out I'm sure it was solid). Its gone through 13 good years of riding and the unit hasn't been touched so it would be reasonable to assume that it's on it's last leg, if even that. Lots of people say id be better off just ditching it and doing my own jetting based on where I ride.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
When those units fail they go to the sea level jetting that is in there so no wonder you are rich. Don't forget to change the pilots too as I think they came with 48 pilots.

Premium Features