• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015-16 front end Geometry options (Zbroz Racing)

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Just wanted to drop a thread and let guys know we have our 36" 2016 spindle geometry kits just about in stock. They are at powder coat now. Also we are building a 38" or 2013-2015 upper A arm that will allow you to keep your lower and run the new spindle. We plan to have spindles in stock and upper ball joints as well very soon. Or you can get them from any cat dealer.

Personally I am sticking with a 38" width and the new spindle, the width is great for my riding style and height 6.0" I have rode the 36" and its awesome but gives up some travel for jumping and drops. If feel like the improvements the new spindle makes really open up the possibilities of the 38" width so before you drop lots of extra $$$ on a 36" kit consider staying 38" and getting a new upper a arm from us and just the spindles.

Also make sure you understand you need to shorten or buy different shocks when going to the 36" kit that is one more added cost.

Our 38" upper a arms will be tacked and welded in the next 1-2 weeks and on the shelf to begin shipping but here is the link to the 36" kit for you to check out.

http://zbrozracing.com/chromoly-36-a-arm-kit-2016-arctic-cat-pro-climb-yamaha-sr-viper-snowmobile

Cat 36%22.jpg

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Does anyone know if you can use the old a arms and tie rods with the new spindles? Has this been done? Ive tried to look at the designs and compare them and the connections look pretty close. I too would like to keep the 38" width with the new spindles.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
New spindle design

The newer spindles tip in at the top so I'm guessing shorter upper arms is a must.

Yes the new upper is required for sure because of a few things like length as well as to give you the correct castor and camber angle that the new spindle is designed to have. Tie rod length can actually stay the same but the 2013-2015 upper a arm will not work.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
38" 2016 option

I'm glad somebody is offering a 38" setup for the new spindle! The little bit wider stance makes a better all around sled for me as well.

I totally agree with you on the 38" width with the new 2016 spindle being a great package, we are hoping others will see the wisdom here too and not just abandon ship on that width for 36" .....

bhoth

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2010
South Jordan, UT
Will you be selling a kit with the new upper A-Arms and the Cat spindles and anything else that is needed?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
I contacted you this spring and begged you to do this, thank u very much! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Have them on order thru Michelle already :D

Sent from my Sanwa M12

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
So if we choose to go to 36inch wide, after buying your top a-arm and the spindle.. can we just get the bottom a-arms to make it the 36 inch stance? If so, I'm in.

BTW you guys should post this in the Yamaha Viper section as well.

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
36" 2016 spindles

So if we choose to go to 36inch wide, after buying your top a-arm and the spindle.. can we just get the bottom a-arms to make it the 36 inch stance? If so, I'm in.

BTW you guys should post this in the Yamaha Viper section as well.

Good idea I need to post there for sure too.

The 36" kit is complete with uppers and lowers but not including spindles. The kit widths are different so where as if you have a 38" lowers and just need uppers the upper is stills specific to the 38" width. If you decide to go 36" wide the uppers and lowers are specific so that is the width you will get. Hopefully i'm not confusing anyone.

2012 model years are 40" wide (Can be made into any width and converted to use the 2016 spindle)

2013-2015 model years are 38" wide (Upper a arm, Ball joint and 2016 spindle)

2016 model year is 36" wide. (complete kit, uppers, lowers, ball joints, and you still need a set of 2016 spindles)

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Upper a arm info 38" kits

Any prices yet on upper a arms and ball joints?

Upper set will be $180.00 but the ball joint is the issue for us. We are looking at providing the set as a package to reduce the overall price rather than you having to get the parts from a Cat dealer.

Stay tuned the whole thing is getting close to being done and ready really just waiting on some upper ball joint options to finalize.

Thanks

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Upper set will be $180.00 but the ball joint is the issue for us. We are looking at providing the set as a package to reduce the overall price rather than you having to get the parts from a Cat dealer.

Stay tuned the whole thing is getting close to being done and ready really just waiting on some upper ball joint options to finalize.

Thanks

Different ball joint size then the 13-15? can we just pull them off the tops?

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
Upper ball joints for 2016 spindle

Different ball joint size then the 13-15? can we just pull them off the tops?

Yes the upper ball joint is different for 2016 so it cannot be re used. We wish that was the case but it has to have a special style because of how the spindle is designed. They didn't simplify that part for us. :(

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Yes the upper ball joint is different for 2016 so it cannot be re used. We wish that was the case but it has to have a special style because of how the spindle is designed. They didn't simplify that part for us. :(

eh it is what it is just let me know when there ready TO BE SOLD IM IN!:face-icon-small-hap

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
38" Uppers for 2016 spindes

They are welded and heading to paint later today. We are still struggling to get the upper ball joints in our hands. We have tried to find another option besides the stock cat joint but that looks like the only option as of right now. The upper Arms will be back from powder coat and be ready to ship Mid to late this week for sure.

We will put them in stock and in a package on the website as soon as they are ready to ship.

38%22uppers.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
What are the chances these arms will work with a piggy back shock that has the reservoir straight out perpendicular to the upper shock bolt? Like the attached picture.

snowmobile_shocks-evol.jpg

Premium Features