• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics of the avalanche at Big Iron Shootout?

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
Hey in the last avalanche class I took they showed a few pics of that huge avy that buried 100 sleds +. I tried to do a search but I have no luck with this dang snowest search button, always says its unavailable or something. Can someone share any links of those pictures or the aftermath?

D
Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
Given the amount of outside attention the incident recieved(read: bad press) it would not surprise me if the threads were eventually hidden and/or locked. You'd have to ask the moderators to verify any of that but it seems plausible to me. The community has taken more than its share of lumps over it and there is simply no value in continuing to facilitate rehashing the whole thing ad nauseum over the interweb. Considering how well publicized the details have become and the time that has passed in which to digest everything I really can't see what benefit looking through all those pictures would be. I for one would like to take it as a stern lesson and move on. Happy hunting.

Premium Features