• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Rev Camo Challenger 9979M good choice?

S
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
I don't want to spend too much money on switching drivers and buying modern track so would the camo challenger 9979M (16 x 162 x 2.3 lugs with the same 2.52 pitch I have be a good improvement over my 159" challenger lite? If so I also want a big wheel kit in back to take up the extra slack so if anyone has a decent kit with the right axle, let me know

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
the challenger lite was not till 07 , did you do this swap or did you buy the sled that way?

What is the tooth count on your drivers? If you have the 10T internal drivers that were stock on the non X 04's then you will need to do new drivers. If you are indeed running the 2.25" challenger lite then it should fit. We did a 159 to 162 swap on an 07 and did it with mountain machines axle and bigger wheels and it turned out great.

Here is a link to Mountain machine http://mountainmachines.com/SDConversionAxles.aspx

S
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
Track

yes, I did the swap to the lite and put rail extentions and 9 tooth extrovert drivers. I mainly wanted to know if the Camo Challenger 162 track was worth switching to or would it trench just as much in the powder

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
yes, I did the swap to the lite and put rail extentions and 9 tooth extrovert drivers. I mainly wanted to know if the Camo Challenger 162 track was worth switching to or would it trench just as much in the powder

Yeah, they're the best tracks for the 2.52 pitch sleds and will work far better than the trenching POS C-Lite you have now.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features