• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tearin up Cooke City on the old iron!!! (vid and pics)

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
went to cooke last Feb. and lost a cyl. skirt on my 09 Iguana 800 3 miles out of town....luckily we had the bar runner for a back up lol. man did i get some funny looks from people when i came creepin over the top of some hill where they thought only "real sleds" could go lol. the first day i dropped down into daisy and played everywhere...unfortunatly my gopro battery ran out on me fast so i didnt get much footage of shredin some powder in the sun or the flatlanders i crept by on a big *** hill on the far end of daisy lol. i ended up takin it over the hill in the burn and into the lulu side. u shoulda seen the looks i got when i came crawlin over that hill lol. the second day was flat light. i wish i could have rode my own sled but ill take what i can get! i think i had more fun makin people look twice and laugh at me then later ride by them on top of a hill lol. this is my first attempt at a movie so here ya go. enjoy lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJC3gqH1gQ

002-14.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-9.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-5.jpg

012-5.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I saw you out there. Had my boys out riding. By the way, climbing Crown Butte is usually kind of risky as far as sliding on you.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
I saw you out there. Had my boys out riding. By the way, climbing Crown Butte is usually kind of risky as far as sliding on you.

why is it that the TS guys climb **** all the time and everyone praises them as as soon as someone else makes a mark on any hill it gets brought up? lol i knew someone was going to say something about that..but i am very aware it has the potential to slide, but so does any other hill...i have the avvy gear and knowledge and so does everyone i ride with and they know how to use it...if your riding in the mtns your taking a risk anyway. just gotta use your head

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007

I watched that hill clean it self out three years ago... It slides bigger then one thinks when it's all sitting at the bottom.

Hayden, I don't think there nagging on you just giving a little reminder of the what ifs that we all know about out there.. Did you get your motor back together? Later

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
I just watched your video! Thing seems to run pretty good for having like 20 HP! LOL

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
I watched that hill clean it self out three years ago... It slides bigger then one thinks when it's all sitting at the bottom.

Hayden, I don't think there nagging on you just giving a little reminder of the what ifs that we all know about out there.. Did you get your motor back together? Later

yeah i saw it cleaned off 3 years ago...not cool. as for the motor, we got a new on in with the skirts all good and tight and good pistons in and picked up 40lbs of compression with just 3 heat cycles on it lol. ran like a raped ape last weekend...i just hope she stays together lol

as far as the phazer...it ran good once you got rid of the bog lol. it was jetted WAAAY fat for lower elevations and it sucked a lot of snow in the air box. once it sucked some in i would have to stop and let it sit for 15 minutes or so and melt out then it was off to the races lol. there was only two throttle positions...idle and WFO lol

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
lol yeah i was laughing about how much all my gear and **** cost compared to how much the sled was worth.

Klim gear- $500
Helmet-$300
Avy pack, probe and beacon- $1500
GoPro helmet cam-$180

Having a phazer as a back up sled- PRICELESS lol

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
ha ha hell no! i rode all day with an only burned half a tank lol. and it was either idle or WFO the whole time

Premium Features