• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How is Top of the World Right Now???

MillermanSD

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Going to Cooke This weekend and thought about a day at Top of the World. Has anyone been up there? How is the snow? Can you ride from the parking lot or have to trailer?

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
riding the top

I have to say, the top of the world is awesome. I was up there last Friday, and the powder had been untouched. Its worth the trip up to it. Just don't forget to take extra gas. Yes you can take the trail from the parking lot.
Bob

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
Never been up to Top of the World. How far from the parking lot is it? If i left some gas in my trailer there would that be a lot of riding back down if I wanted to fill up? I am headed out there later this week, and haven't had time to come up with a way to carry gas on my 2011 M8.

MillermanSD

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Aberdeen SD
Thanks for all the replies. As it turned out Friday was really flat light so we opted to stay around Cooke. You need a bright blue sky at Top of the World if you want to come back in 1 piece. Saturday AM we found more untouched snow around Cooke, so never did make it up to Top of the World. If you are riding a "FULL" day up there, I would pack gas and stash it some where. Thanks Bob for the stay at Super 8!!!

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Thanks for all the replies. As it turned out Friday was really flat light so we opted to stay around Cooke. You need a bright blue sky at Top of the World if you want to come back in 1 piece. Saturday AM we found more untouched snow around Cooke, so never did make it up to Top of the World. If you are riding a "FULL" day up there, I would pack gas and stash it some where. Thanks Bob for the stay at Super 8!!!

We opted out of top of the world friday as well....hard to see in that light...found lots of great powder close by tho...

Premium Features