• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions about 800r losing power

J
Feb 22, 2010
Hey guys! I have an 07 summit 800r and its got about 1400 miles on it now. The sled ran well last year but toward the end of the season it started losing some power. It used to hold 8300 ish rpms and now its only making 7800 or so. Didnt vhange the setup, so I am assuming i have an issue somewhere. I know that there are issues with bearings on the jack shaft but dont know a whole lot about them. Can you guys fill me in on the bearing issue, what it takes to replace them, and any other ideas you may have? Thanks fellas!

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
I would pull out your rave valves and see if you have a broken one...if not clean them up and put them back in and try it..

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If it's running and idle'ing the same, just less overall power, I would lean toward worn rollers and bushings in clutches. If it's been more than 500 miles on those stock items, chances are very good they're worn out.

If you've picked up any new/extra vibration or new sounds from the engine room, I would worry about crank failure on that sled if it has an 07 motor in it.

I also had a throttle position sensor crap out on mine, but that was very noticeable that the engine was running like a bag of crap and also might throw a check engine light.

J
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks for the ideas guys! I am going to pull the primary and replace the bushing in it tonight. I was also told to check tolerances of the spring cap. Can anyone give me more info on that? I have never done it and dont know what to do for it? Thanks again!

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
When difficult acceleration and low rpms at full throttle, one of the first things I check is the primary clutch sliding sheave bushing.

A romanian customer email me about rpm problems.
i have 15,9 grams instaled
i have the pl/pk spring
clicker4
original brp clickers
on flat,it goes 8000rpms,in deep snow 5600-5800rpms

I asked "Is the bushing near or at the wear limit, or has it failed completely"?
He replied "found problem"
tra7_bushing_fail.jpg

Premium Features