• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do banned (former) members still show as active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Probably because they aren't banned, but account closed.......thus having no *label* under their user name.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
but if they're account closed, they're not using that account. If they're not using the account, they can't really be active then can they?

If they're not active, then why do they show up as... ummm... active?

I could care less about what numbers they use to try to keep advertisers or whatever they use those numbers for, they're just stupid numbers. I just don't like seeing answers that don't add up. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the definition of "active" but it usually matches the definition of...well, "active".

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Sometimes people still try to log in on banned or closed accounts (besides creating alters). We see that when it happens. They can't go anywhere, but they do try to.

As far as "active"........I'm not 100% sure what was meant by that, but I was thinking that it meant that these accounts didn't show "banned", and thus my reply. I've seen this question previously, asking why someone didn't show as "banned" and so someone thought it was still an "active" account....but the reality is the account was closed.

Has nothing to do with numbers. Closed accounts, are just that.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
In real life they call this type of answer "double-speak", and it could usually be replaced with "bu// $hit" cause it means the same.
If its closed, why can we still see it is the question, if he's banned, OK makes sense, but closed means gone, and when someone is gone you can't see them anymore (except for their tracks in the snow)

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
So when you got to the store, and it's closed, that means it's gone?

There have been people whom have emailed and asked to have their accounts re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features