• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which triple pipes?

S
Nov 2, 2008
Just purchased an '02 MM 700 and can't wait till it snows. This sled is stock and has 1050 miles. I'd like to install pipes at some point and was wondering if they're all pretty much the same or are some better than others. Is PSI the same as Power Inc.? Do SLP pipes run to high RPM's? Those are just a few questions I have. What is a good place to purchase from?

Thanks.

T

TApeX_07

PSI and Power Inc are not the same. PSI's run 88-9000rpm. Power Inc's are closer to stock. SLP's I think are close to stock also. Hauck run similar to the PSI's.
What are you planning to do with the sled??
Where do you ride?

S
Nov 2, 2008
I'm not planning on doing a whole lot to it right now except the pipes. In the future maybe a little longer track if anything. I used to have an 02 summit and am thinking I'll miss the power.

I'm from southeastern ID and ride mostly in Island Park, Greys Lake area, and Mackay. 6-10,000 Ft.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Who sells the Power Inc. pipes? I googled it and all I could find was the PSI website.

Power Inc is no longer in buisness.
2 different types of Power Inc pipe. 1 center dumps 2. End dumps. The end dumps are the set up to get. The Power Incs are louder than the Benders, which to most is downfall on the Power Inc's.

Benders are also a great pipe. And run very close to stock RPM.

SLP's run at a higher RPM.

IMHO in order of best pipes
Benders
Power Inc
SLP

T
Dec 1, 2007
I have used & personally ran on my own sled
power inc end dumps
power inc centre dumps
Simon cpr
Benders

I prefered the Benders & pi end dumps. They both make good power from 82-8800 rpm & have a wide power band with good low end.

S
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks for the information guys. It's been helpful. I've found out a lot the last few days.

PSI isn't going to make their triple pipes anymore.

SLP's run around 8900 RPM's. Bender's around 8600 RPM's. A lot of you seem to like the Bender's. Is it better for the motor to run pipes closer the the stock RPM's?

thanks again.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the information guys. It's been helpful. I've found out a lot the last few days.

PSI isn't going to make their triple pipes anymore.

SLP's run around 8900 RPM's. Bender's around 8600 RPM's. A lot of you seem to like the Bender's. Is it better for the motor to run pipes closer the the stock RPM's? That and what Turk mentioned in his post above

thanks again.

get a set of Bender or PI end dumps

2DaMax

Jan 27, 2008
I'm running bender pipes I used to have slp pipes but found with my mods I was always having problems keeping the sled tuned then I switched to the benders and they were more tuner friendly. I'm running 9000 rpm but I have quite a few mods and a welded crank.:D

R
Dec 1, 2007
I run PI end dumps on mine, probably the best set of pipes out there for this sled, they work really well with porting also.

Simon's CPR pipes......I ran a set of those for a while, the pipes ran great, until they got warm, after the first few pulls, they would get hot, and lose power....I suppose if you had them ceramic coated, and did some extra venting, or lost the hood all together, they would work fine. They also make power right around that 9100RPM mark.

S
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. I think I'll end up getting the Bender pipes when I decide to do it.

If I go with those pipes, what do I need as far as a clutch kit and how should I jet it?

I heard the recommended jetting from Bender is a lot on the rich side. I will be riding from 5-10,000 feet.

Are there certain weights or springs I need for the clutch?

T
Dec 1, 2007
Run 137.5 mains
#55 pilot jets up to 7000'
clip in #2 spot
fuel screw out 2 turns
4.5 gram inner rivet & 2.4 outer should get ya close.
this is from about 5 years ago so i don,t have it quite 100%.

Premium Features