• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 MCX Nytro Rear skid Upgrade

hookedonboost

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2010
I know this has been "forumed" to death in last 3 years, but with lots of miles of experience, have opinions changed? Looking for input / recommendations. Right now: MCX 240 HP kit with 153 CE, apex springs (I'm 195 lbs) & Shockwave secondary. I'm thinking of going to EZ Ryde with 2 1/2 CE. Do I need to change tunnel & if so which one is strongest? will 2 1/2 fit without modifying tunnel? does turbo interfere with this skid installation. I am near Edmonton but am looking for someone to do the work (want it done right) have heard good things about SLY. recommendations ?

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
I just went with the kmod skid with coil overs after two years with the stock skid. Looking forward to no more wheelieing, dislodging internal organs on the trail and ski pressure that made the front end feel like a fat chick was sitting on my hood when I let off the throttle.

Kevin at kmod has been great to deal with so far.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
I put a racers edge rear arm in mine last year (similar to an m-10) couldn't be happier. easy to adjust if you want to play in the trees or click it up a couple and it will keep the front end down up just about anything. over the summer i installed a cr racing tunnel. Chad was the only one of the major tunnel makers who would actually return a phone call. Made mine out of .080 and made the running boards a bit stronger. here is a pic of the tunnel and rear skid. I did my own and could do yours if you wanted. i live 30 minutes north of edmonton.

Iphone pictures 044.jpg

Premium Features