• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not liking my 18

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Really?

Comparing a stock sled owned by someone else, not setup at all,
to a turbo sled with raptor shocks?????????????????????????????
AND get this the cat was a rental thrasher with what,, 3000 plus miles on it???????????????????????????

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Comparing a stock sled owned by someone else, not setup at all,
to a turbo sled with raptor shocks?????????????????????????????
AND get this the cat was a rental thrasher with what,, 3000 plus miles on it???????????????????????????

It was a big surprise to me as well. I can't believe a guy was disappointed with that change....

I rode poo for several years, two Pros and an Axys. They do handle a better. I went with a '17 MC to stay with the ole zuke. Took me a few rides to adjust but I love the way it handles.

Take some of the above advice, maybe spring for upgraded shocks for the Cat?

I had a demo with the 2.6 track for a couple weekends recently. My 3" is a HUGE improvement.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Some great advice here guys. Learning Cats I just need input on the changes without having to study the internet for 1000 hours. This rental sled came with maintenance history and I can assure you is in nicer condition and maintained better than most of your sleds at 500 miles. Track was brand new, shocks were rebuilt (and I can 100% tell on snow that's true). Clutches maintained, etc, compression is up to par.

Again I never really complained about the power (I was on a turbo before, duh power isn't even a topic here)

The zero fox shocks IMO are better than the standard floats, I could 100% tell on a whooped out trail and from previous trail sleds with zero fox shocks.

You guys nailed it on the front end building up snow like crazy, glad to hear that will be better in pow. Again the whole no sway bar is goofy to me.

I might get the alpha conversion kit when the speed shop comes out with it. Then I will get a 3inch track with it, probably different shocks. Keep the old skid and sell the alpha kit in a year or 2 getting probably 50% or greater money back.

Again not comparing this to a turbo sled with raptors necessarily, just stated that is what I came off. I have spent plenty time on a stock axys with stock shocks and like that better still. But again I am pretty confident with little changes or possibly a big alpha change I will end up enjoying this sled either way.

Thanks for the tips!

Premium Features