• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CRAZY I KNOW

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Does anyone know someone or have a wiring schematic method to eliminate ALL of the EFI and power valves and mechanical reverse on a 2008 M1000?
I am very interested, every time I look at the wiring on this 1000 I find new flaws. Most it seems,, to do with the EFI side of the wiring, after much deliberation I am going to put carbs on. I know,,, mid range lean spot. Thinking about that for a while resulted in a question posted either here or the 1M site.
The question was, if I put a small notch/groove in the needle mid range would that solve the lean spot problem and the answer was yes, it will allow enough fuel in mid range to cool, (fatten the engine up enough to keep cylinder temp down). So, that is what I will do to the carbs I will purchase.
There must be a way to either loop some of the circuits or add something to
absorb the electrical charge. Not a master mind but rather some one who figures stuff out a different way. Ya know, one less thang...

Last edited:
Premium Features