• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Contour Camera's

customsteeler

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2011
Maple Valley, WA
Does anyone have experience with the Contour cameras. How do they compare with Gopro. Just from the websites GoPro seems to have a little better value.

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Santa brought me a Contour GPS. I have only had a chance to try it out in the U.P. of Mich. I thought it did a good job. I am headed to the Snowies next week and will know more.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
The contour works well, so does the Go Pro. It just depends on what kind of angles you want. I think the Go Pro has a few more opions as for mounting. Both are super easy to use. I think my fav. is still the LIC goggles.

If you have one of each then your covered.

V

veritascs

Mar 11, 2011
Bozeman
ever-flow.net
I have the contour but here's what I've seen:

• contour better in low light
  • gopro better in super bright light (but contour still looks great)
  • gopro is little more fisheyey which makes pov shots better because you see more of the sled. you can get both sled and where the rider is looking with contour but it's little tighter/harder to do.
  • quality is similar
  • this is total opinion but i like how the contour mounts out of the way better than the gopro. i get sick of seeing gopro's sticking out :p

if i had to buy one again im not sure what i'd do, i like everything about the contour better except where gopro has more vertical view. tough to say, .02.

Premium Features