• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp Seat on a ZX Chassis

F
Apr 4, 2010
Well I bought a used xp seat, gas tank, trim on top of tank,trim over side brackets, side brackets from tunnel, and the back steering post braces. I cut the tank to fit and removed material so as to allow access for using original seat back bolts that were relocated to attach the rear of the gas tank that was cut to fit around the original tank. You need the xp tank because it is the mounting surface/bracket for the seat. The original seat weighed 14.2lbs and the new seat/tank mount combo weighed 12lbs

xp seat zx 01.jpg xp seat zx 02.jpg xp seat zx 03.jpg xp seat zx 04.jpg xp seat zx 05.jpg xp seat zx 06.jpg

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Very interesting the way you did that. But how much did you pay for all that you had to buy?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Used parts I assume. Nice job, looks pretty cool

S

shawn2820

Dec 26, 2009
Arthur Nebraska
did you have to remove the rails and all to get to everything? I suppose it would be easier if you did. Probably the way i should do it too if im going to be putting a different track on anyway.

W
Very nice! Did you put those X style handlebars on that sleD? i was looking to find some used ones and put X handlebars on my zx. and if you did, did you have to Change steering stems as i seen the stems are different where the blocks bolt to.

P

PTE800

Jan 9, 2006
What type of rear skid is that your running?
Also where can I find that hood?
Rear suspension is custom made. The shocks are from FAST but the rest is my design. Works great, unbelievable ride and keeps the front down on climbs. The hood is a Diamond S .

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Your conversion looks great.

But I have a bought new by me 08 TNT I modded into a 365 lb mtn sled. My XP tank by itself on my Berkely digital 50 lb fish scale weighs near 16 lbs. The XP tanks are close to 3/8" thick as they are multi layer plastic to meet new EPA vapor emissions. I lightened my seat up and got it down to about 6 lbs. Drives me nuts I still have a tank/seat weighing over 20 lbs!! Am trying for the 350 lb dry weight #.

Am very curious how your XP tank/seat can be in the 12 lb area, truly amazing.
I have a 05 Rev tank and it weighs about 10 lbs for comparison.

Any idea what it came off of?

Good Luck

N
Oct 11, 2008
Here's my 2001 with a 2010 Dragon seat I fitted to it.

Did you get that idea from me? I did that 2 years ago and its so nice of a ride. I also made side covers to blend in the tank to seat and hide all the cooling lines and seat bracket at back of tank. Also just put a WRP 2" plus seat on to get rid of the Polaris name....lol. Good to see people liked my idea enough to do it themself on there sled.

P

PTE800

Jan 9, 2006
Did you get that idea from me? I did that 2 years ago and its so nice of a ride. I also made side covers to blend in the tank to seat and hide all the cooling lines and seat bracket at back of tank. Also just put a WRP 2" plus seat on to get rid of the Polaris name....lol. Good to see people liked my idea enough to do it themself on there sled.

No: Can't say that I have ever seen your sled. How about a couple of pics. Also; no need to get a different seat cover , a can of Brake cleaner will take the white Polaris letters right off.. :smile:

F
Apr 4, 2010
Your conversion looks great.

But I have a bought new by me 08 TNT I modded into a 365 lb mtn sled. My XP tank by itself on my Berkely digital 50 lb fish scale weighs near 16 lbs. The XP tanks are close to 3/8" thick as they are multi layer plastic to meet new EPA vapor emissions. I lightened my seat up and got it down to about 6 lbs. Drives me nuts I still have a tank/seat weighing over 20 lbs!! Am trying for the 350 lb dry weight #.

Am very curious how your XP tank/seat can be in the 12 lb area, truly amazing.
I have a 05 Rev tank and it weighs about 10 lbs for comparison.

Any idea what it came off of?

Good Luck
I got it off of 2009 XP but I actual cut it up to fit over the zx gas tank and used a hole saw and cut some material out of it. I also removed some with a sawzall. I can probable lighten it some more but I was worried about strength. It is mainly a mount for the xp seat.

Premium Features