• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

steering post question....

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
What style top should be on the post on the 03 Escape chassis I just drug home? It's not a flat plate with 4 holes, its got a piece of tube across the top like a T. Is that stock or not???

From your description it is stock. You can verify it for yourself via any of the online microfiche parts diagrams. Polaris, Ronnie's, Oregon Trail Sports, etc.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
If you ordered the vertical escape package you got the tee style you discribed. The standard verticle edge sleds got the flat plate style. I think there was a weight savings with the escape steering post.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
They are better but still not invincible. I had a standard 2005 RMK and I ended up breaking the plate where it met the post, rewelded, then broke it again down by the steering stop. Replaced with a WildChild Chromoly post. I did have a 3" riser which added some leverage so you might keep that lever in mind if you are going to add risers.

Premium Features