• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor Mounts

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Decided to use the Endoscope I bought recently- and decided to poke around and see how my motor mounts were holding up after replacement at the start of this season, I have about 700 miles on these. 2016 Axys 2,000 total miles currently

Generally losing RPM was an indicator from reading into other post on here.
I did not ever have any indication at the time of the change, and still not now-.

I can sure tell you, after poking around with the scope, that the mag rear takes a beating, and has a lot of debris.
The mag front is a bit better but not 100%- Both PTO mounts seemed to have gap.

For the cost, I am replacing all 4 again, and looking to see if the 2018's are a bit better duro........

View attachment 292464 Mag Rear

View attachment 292465 Mag Front

View attachment 292466 PTO Rear

View attachment 292467 PTO Front

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
My 18 had About half that much gap at 250 miles, so I replaced the mounts. The gap was the same. I checked a floor model at the dealer and it had the same gap. This is my first axys so maybe that gap is normal but my pre 15 pros all had no gap with new mounts.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
My 18 had About half that much gap at 250 miles, so I replaced the mounts. The gap was the same. I checked a floor model at the dealer and it had the same gap. This is my first axys so maybe that gap is normal but my pre 15 pros all had no gap with new mounts.

It's a bit difficult to see the mag rear clearly without removal as why I decided to use the scope.-
The PTO rear without pulling the secondary is hidden, The others I bet could be seen clearly in the dealership, but it appears that they are not subject to abuse the rears take.
Just thought they would last longer, and was a bit surprised.2016 Axys.

Going to scope my 14 Pro - has 1500 miles and never replaced...( back up sled)

Here is why I replaced originally in the first place.

Mag rear.....Old vs. New.

View attachment 292468

Last edited:
J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Mine is at 1200miles and still hitting the right rpm in deep snow. But will replace em all when the winter ended.

I
Nov 26, 2007
The 18 mounts still have the gap.
At least the one I looked at.

The 15 pro mounts are stiffer than the axys ones.

I replaced my 18 mounts with pro mounts, better but still a gap and lots of movement. Ended up going to the mounts offered by striker customs, no gap and less movement.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I replaced my 18 mounts with pro mounts, better but still a gap and lots of movement. Ended up going to the mounts offered by striker customs, no gap and less movement.

Stroker customs?
Like turbotater? T8RZ

Or striker?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming

I was told that Stroker Customs are not making the mounts anylonger- :juggle: Have a message on FB into them
Ideas vs. going with the pro mounts from the 15 from Polaris?

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Gap be Gone!

It would be easy enough to spec a sleeve to take up the gap between the auxiliary snubbers and the pocket they ride in. Press the 4 sleeves in and use the current offerings of snubbers, whether the updated AXYS or the PRO Ride.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I was told that Stroker Customs are not making the mounts anylonger- :juggle: Have a message on FB into them
Ideas vs. going with the pro mounts from the 15 from Polaris?

I bought mine a few weeks ago, not sure if things have changed since then. I would use the 15 pro mounts over 18 just for the increased surface area.

It would be easy enough to spec a sleeve to take up the gap between the auxiliary snubbers and the pocket they ride in. Press the 4 sleeves in and use the current offerings of snubbers, whether the updated AXYS or the PRO Ride.

An offset sleeve would be ideal to help correct motor alignment that is beyond what can be fixed with only one moveable mount. The reason I have so much time and money into replacing mounts on a 300 mile sled is because my clutch alignment is out of spec.

FrankTheTank

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
www.mountainspeedshop.se
I put ProRide mounts in my 18 Pro and I think they are better.
Same diamter as 18 but wider and a diffrent compound. But the rubber notches is deeper on the ProRide mounts.
It vibrates a lot more at idle with ProRide mounts

I also bought mounts from Stroker Customs and it was ProRide mounts I got from them.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I also bought mounts from Stroker Customs and it was ProRide mounts I got from them.

Yes that is what I have been finding out- They were nothing special- just the pro mounts.
When a guy orders some you need 4 of the 3022409 as the pro has the PTO front mount different- ( Looks shorter)

# 19 in the pic is what a guy needs. Not the #21

View attachment 292670

Last edited:
Premium Features