• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone played with the new Gates carbon belts on Turboed sleds?

Brandro

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2010
Bozeman Montana
www.youtube.com
I blew up my old Polaris belts when I turboed my Dragon this year and I'm trying to decide on Polaris, Dayco, Gates, or Carlile for new belts. No one seems to recommend any belt for a Turbo application and since I'm new to this game I wanted to get some input on what people have been running. I'm curious if the new gates C12 are any stronger than the rest?

http://www.gates.com/file_display_common.cfm?thispath=Gates/documents_module&file=GForceC12.pdf

I can get all but Polaris belts at cost through friends so cost isn't really an issue.
09 D8 Kpa 2871 7psi 5k-9k feet

Last edited:

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
there is a cat belt that was working great on these.. cant remember the number off hand somebody else will need to chime in hopefully. my buddy has ran the same one for 2 seasons now. im still on the poo belt but had planned on grabbing the cat when i had to switch to my spare but hasnt happened yet

M

Muldonc

Dec 2, 2011
BC
I am using a Cat belt on my 2012 turbo as they are quite a bit cheaper (in cost) than the Poo Belts. I had to get the dealer to order in for me as the local dealers I called don't keep the one I need in stock. Takes a couple of days. Work good, 1000 miles so far.

T

TurboMatt

Mar 23, 2008
I am using a Cat belt on my 2012 turbo as they are quite a bit cheaper (in cost) than the Poo Belts. I had to get the dealer to order in for me as the local dealers I called don't keep the one I need in stock. Takes a couple of days. Work good, 1000 miles so far.

I run the 048 cat belt on mine as well. I ran about a season & a quarter on my first one. About 1100 miles before it went out. I'm on my second one now. You really can't go wrong with it at $60 a piece.
I would feel comfortable running the very pricey POO belt for much longer than that. On a turbo sled I'd change it out just because it nothing else. I only left the cat belt in just because I was curious how long it would last. I'm sold.

Premium Features