• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shot not working on first ride

W
Sep 9, 2013
Update: Went out today and got to see if the update worked. Sled was on and I was driving it for about 10-15 minutes. My buddy who has a 2018 with SHOT as well has never had a problem and he used his after this 10-15 minutes and it worked. However, mine did not work! We rode for 4-5 hours and I did not give up on mine, but I was about ready to. It should have been working but it was not. We were leaving the riding area and I give it one more shot as our group re-grouped and left, IT WORKED! I was certain it was done for but I just kept trying all day. IDK why it took 3-4 hours of riding before it worked, but boy was I happy when it started to work.

Mine worked all day Saturday after getting fixed, even did it twice in a short period of time getting stuck and then starting to reverse then dig some more and start again.

Kwillman

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oregon
Do you have an update after this weekend on how it worked? You need to get your dealer's digital reading to read 12 volts or more. This might require a battery that has this much voltage, and all the items I talked about turned off. He will also maybe need to Reboot the program on the computer. Then it should recognize the sled.

My shot seems to be working as it should be. I unloaded the sleds and let them come up to temp while i was getting my gear ready. I shut them down to check and fill oil as well as belt deflection. Then 10 minutes later hit the shot and it fired up. I used it several time that day with no issues. It even worked after an 1 1/2 hr break in the lodge for a bite and a beer.

I plan to ride tomorrow morning so will have another go at it to make sure things are still working. I will say that I only pull started my sled once and that was to unload it off the deck. The shot is a nice feature, I can see this being useful when stuck on a hill side or in the trees.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
My shot seems to be working as it should be. I unloaded the sleds and let them come up to temp while i was getting my gear ready. I shut them down to check and fill oil as well as belt deflection. Then 10 minutes later hit the shot and it fired up. I used it several time that day with no issues. It even worked after an 1 1/2 hr break in the lodge for a bite and a beer.

I plan to ride tomorrow morning so will have another go at it to make sure things are still working. I will say that I only pull started my sled once and that was to unload it off the deck. The shot is a nice feature, I can see this being useful when stuck on a hill side or in the trees.

That is when it is the best! Just like electric start... If the rope is on the opposite side of you and you are in an awkward position the button is usually more accessible being on top of the bars and not having to ideally have the sled in a nice position to pull it

BigK

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bountiful, UT
www.marshallradio.com
2018 Shot

When picking up 2 identical 2018 Holdover summits with with SHOT, we found one would not re-start with SHOT, but did get a clicking noise. Dealer immediately plugged into BUDS and found that the crank /c stator position was not calibrated. Quick software fix, and we were in business.

So anyone experiencing the clicking noise but no start, may want to have the dealer check the calibration.

S
Jan 19, 2013
Hayden, Id.
Just took mine in for the same Shot not working on the first ride. dealer said there is a recall on the 2019 for the capacitors and that is what mine needs and Skidoo has no time frame on when more capacitors will be available. Cool feature when it works. But hopefully Skidoo figures this out quickly.:juggle:

Premium Features