• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

difference between 2008 dragon and 2009 dragon

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
the big difference between them are:

the handlebars are pro taper 09 VS regular bars 08.

bar hooks are different.

shock package are upgraded on the 09 (piggybacks)

plastic nose section is thin with aluminum bumper 09 vs wide plastic on 08 and a plastic bumper you can't use to move sled around (will pull right off) upgrade to a skinz bumper for the 08 (aftermarket)

graphics/decals

Spindles are cutout for weight i think on 09 VS 08 are solid looking

other than that they are about the same machine.

I myself ride an 08 RMK 600 with a highmark turbo. small machine with enough whoop-azz for any stock 800 or 1000 sled. hope this helps you out.

thanks mike

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
few more diffs

The 09s also have a different sway bar system that I like the feel of more than my friend's 08 D8, and the shocks are not piggy backs, but they do come charged with more nitrogen and different valving I was told, makes em stiffer and ride better than the 08 Walker Evans. Still not great shocks though. I ride my friend's a lot when we ski and board shuttle. You really only notice the shock differences, its a good riding sled.

C

cowboymann02

Jan 3, 2008
south sioux city,ne
your right tahoermk....

the 09 stock rmk 800 has the coil over shocks on it & the 09 stock dragon rmk 800 has the regular walker evan shocks on it, and not the piggyback style walkers evans.

i am use to my buddy ordering his with the piggyback shocks on his sled since he works for polaris. i forgot what stock was & about the sway bar.

The rails are also different from the 08 style. mine are solid looking rails while 09 they went to the spider web looking style.

the 09 rmk sled weather it be a RMK or dragon RMK is a good sled overall

Last edited:
S
Sep 29, 2008
The 09 dry weight is 477 vs 08 487
like the guy said befor the handle bars are different save a little weight here and there but if you get a good buy on the 08 compaired to the 09 i would take the 08 i have an 08 and love it just depends on what your son wants

Premium Features