• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question on Lower seat for 2012 High country

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Does anyone know what lower seat will fit a 2012 high country? Our friends wife (about 5'6") is looking for one. Maybe a stock take off? Thanks for any info or leads.

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
WRP Rasmussen Seat

168x126_AC-ST-MS12NT-BK-3l.jpg

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Take stock one to someone that can shorten it. Or do it your selves. Just pull staples and trim the foam with a filleting knife or electric bread knife and re staple it on. Has to be easy I re covered my banshee seat when I was 16.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Thanks for the tips. I sent her the link on the seat, but your right it might be to hard. We talked about cutting down her stock seat already but they didn't want to do that. Isn't one of the stock trail sled seats a bolt on replacement? If so I will post a wanted add in the for sale section. Thanks again

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Think the F-series seats are lower but only like an inch or so. Not many trail sled folks on snowest, suggest going over to hardcore sledder and believe you'd have a good shot of finding someone to trade seats as some are putting ProClimb seats on the ProCross trail sled.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Think the F-series seats are lower but only like an inch or so. Not many trail sled folks on snowest, suggest going over to hardcore sledder and believe you'd have a good shot of finding someone to trade seats as some are putting ProClimb seats on the ProCross trail sled.

Thanks Saber, Your right, not lots of trail riders on here. She does both on and off trail. If I knew the trail sled seat fits I could/would post in the the ad section. Just wondered if anyone here has tried any combination that worked. Thanks again.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Yes, the seats fit both ways from mountain to trail sleds. A new factory F800/1100 trail sled seat runs about $365 and probably could get $150-175 for the mountain seat on HCS.

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Thinking about F/XF seat some more, the tail fin wouldn't be much fun to swing a leg around during offtrail maneuvers.

297027_p_t_360x240_image01.jpg

And doing a little more research, looks like the F/XF seat is about 4" lower than the M seat.

HCS1
HCS2
HCS3
HCS4
HCS5
HCS6

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
For selling price reference, here's a M seat listed for $230 (can buy one new for that)

Sledneck has the most cost effective and usable idea - Shorten the M seat. It looks intimidating but it's just a bunch of staples to take out to remove the seat cover. The foam is easy to measure and mark with a Sharpie and cut down with something like an electric knife used for carving turkey. Stretch the vinyl seat cover tight again and put in new staples.

D
I have the boss seat on my m and it is much softer than the the ras seat, but still hard enough you dont bottom out going over whoops... rode with just my knee and barely touched the tank.... although i am only 160 lbs.... but for a lady it would be awesome. thinking back, if i wasnt such a chicken sh*t i probably would have cut up the stock seat... if i bought a new one anyways, what would it have mattered if i destroyed the stocker? give it a shot and if you dont like it buy a different one.

Premium Features