• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camoplast peak 2.5

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Buddy put one on his Pro poo and all I can say is HOLY CHIT! Night and day better than the stock poo track. Trenches less and hooks up like a slick on the race track. I would have thought he had 20 more hp. Snow conditions were really dry powder about 18 inches at Baker.

Seen the complete opposite results the 600 pro with the stock track would run circles around the 800 pro with the peak same rider on the sled. This was in 2ft of dry snow. Did your buddy have the assault track before?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Seen the complete opposite results the 600 pro with the stock track would run circles around the 800 pro with the peak same rider on the sled. This was in 2ft of dry snow. Did your buddy have the assault track before?

how did the 600 run circles around the 800 both with the "same "rider.Thats an amazing Magical rider:face-icon-small-win

Last edited:
R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Ditto on the Peak damage....getting torn up pretty good. The Challenger styles are clearanced to avoid this.
In side by side comparisons with the new Doo 2.5 the edge goes to the Doo track at this point....same rider, sleds are identical besides the track, the Doo track hooks up harder and goes a little higher (on this day!).
We are giving it another ride or 2 and if it doesn't show at least a little sign of being superior in one area it is coming off.

Any pics of the damage? I was just about to install one, would like to trim or fix the problem before.....

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
how did the 600 run circles around the 800 both with the "same "rider.Thats an amazing Magical rider:face-icon-small-win

Same rider me the 600 pro seems to have the same power as the 800 pro.

If the 800 pro had the stock track it would have beat the 600. We were riding at 1500 ft so not much loss in power. And the same 150 lb rider.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
The damage to the peak track on the XP is occuring on each side of the track approx 3 1/4" in from the edge of the track. I have not looked close enough to figure out exactly what it is catching on but whatever it is seems to be digging in about 1/4". Let us know if anyone discovers what it is catching on, I will be looking into it in the next couple of days.

R
Jan 9, 2011
I think its hitting the tunnel protector extrusion. I took mine right back off and ordered Wahl Bro 7 tooth drivers. Too close for snow evac anyway.
D.

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
i have 70 miles on mine (154) looks great no hitting. dont run these tracks to loose. hang of 7/8in. so far as good if not better then camo 2.5 ex. in our 4 foot + snow conditions.here in wa, i have had the camo ex on 4 sleds so when we get more good snow and a few stock 2012 xp s w/ 2.5 side by side. we see if it was worth the cost.

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
Have 50 miles on mine. 146 2009 summitx. This track throws the biggest roost you have ever seen! Its rediculous. Seems to work well in the snow so far. Track hits on some rivits right before the track starts making the bend around the drivers on top. Little bit of track damage already showing. I cant trim the rivits much more before they fall out. Kinda discouraging, I want to change drivers about as bad as I want to punch myself in the sack. :face-icon-small-fro

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Did your buddy have the assault track before?
No was running poo 5.1 or whatever stock is now. He also did Avid drop and roll on his 2011 which IMO was much needed on the Pro poo. He also has HOLZ clutching in his sled which is a huge improvement over stock. Last year at snow drags in Chelan he brought his new Pro poo and raced it in stock 800,900,1000 and took first in 800,1000 and would have in 900 but redlighted. Just with the clutching he was smoking all the other Pro poo's by 4-5 sled length in 500'. Best running Pro I've seen and drop and roll and new track made it look even better. He is one of those lucky bastages that seems to always have things work out for the best so maybe thats the diff.:noidea:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Have 50 miles on mine. 146 2009 summitx. This track throws the biggest roost you have ever seen! Its rediculous. Seems to work well in the snow so far. Track hits on some rivits right before the track starts making the bend around the drivers on top. Little bit of track damage already showing. I cant trim the rivits much more before they fall out. Kinda discouraging, I want to change drivers about as bad as I want to punch myself in the sack. :face-icon-small-fro

A big roost is the opposite of what makes a Great powder track.it takes stiff paddles to do that,I know only the centers are softer, this track looks to be an all around performer however wont excel at either.JMO

C
Jan 12, 2011
Mine looked like it was hitting rivets where tunnel and cooler connect at front above drivers. not sure why this isn't a problem with new doo track or CE 2.5?

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
hmmm..

...been reading this thread, I currently run the poo 155 x 2.4" track in my 880. Yall think it would be a great improvement to spend the $$ on the new doo 2.5" track? I really have no complaints now, the thing climbs walls, but not sure how the poo track scores against the CE or the new II.. anyone have any experience with the poo 2.4"?

thanks

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
...been reading this thread, I currently run the poo 155 x 2.4" track in my 880. Yall think it would be a great improvement to spend the $$ on the new doo 2.5" track? I really have no complaints now, the thing climbs walls, but not sure how the poo track scores against the CE or the new II.. anyone have any experience with the poo 2.4"?

thanks
Poo has very soft paddles and excels in the powder.Thats one reason why they are outperforming most sleds in the deep.In firmer conditions it lacks bite.There is no one track "excels" everywhere,Much like an Enduro bike,made for all conditions ,excels at none. Its two different types of tracks to perform in powder/set conditions.The more HP you have typically requires a stiffer paddle. A well tuned 880 will benefit from a stiffer track, The faster the track spins it can tend to bend over soft paddles

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007

thanks

2.4 its a good track its light and performs in the light snow. holz runs them in there xps.

I

islanddoo

Apr 10, 2008
Vancouver Island
Just installed Peak track and it definitely hits the 4 rivots right where the cooler meets the tunnel. Drilled out the rivots and installed 4- 3/16 pan head machine screws with nynuts seems to clear now, still tight though.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just installed Peak track and it definitely hits the 4 rivots right where the cooler meets the tunnel. Drilled out the rivots and installed 4- 3/16 pan head machine screws with nynuts seems to clear now, still tight though.

thats too tight, I would drop driver size for snow excavation

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Is that how tight the 2012 summits are with new doo track since its a 2.5?

It's pretty close but the Doo track and pretty much everything but the Peak are notched to clear rivets/bolts.
After running various tracks and drivers I don't see the lack of clearance as a negative....in fact it prevents virtually ANY snow buildup so it may have an advantage in that area. Have seen absolutly no issues in 3 seasons with 2.5" and 3" tracks with down to 1/16" clearance in regards to snow evacuation, track speeds, clogging etc...and have not heard of any issues from customers either. I was very skeptical when we first did the 3" (tight!), but was quickly convinced after a few rides in deep, heavy snow...no damage, no rubbing, huge gains.

C
Jan 12, 2011
I agree I havn't seen much gain from clearance, I have rolled chaincases in the past for extra clearance but the gains I felt were more from change in approach angle!

Premium Features