• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 155 Pro

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
rode a 2016 for 2 yrs, checked a 2018 with 2nd yr on this chasis. Can the guys comment that have owned 16-18 and now ride a 19? Does the react front end really lay over that much easier than previous models? Im thinking about checking a Kahos, but Im getting a bit older and going to classify my ability as mediocre. Certainly no Burandt, but Im not a complete idiot either.

I rode a G4 a couple times and it just seemed way easier for me to carve with it. My Axys seems to take more effort to get on the edge, but once there its rock solid. My days of tight trees in a serious slope are over. Just seems later in the day it takes me more energy to ride then it used too. Getting old sucks.

Am I going to see a noticeable difference from a 18 to the new front end as far as putting it up on edge?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
rode a 2016 for 2 yrs, checked a 2018 with 2nd yr on this chasis. Can the guys comment that have owned 16-18 and now ride a 19? Does the react front end really lay over that much easier than previous models? Im thinking about checking a Kahos, but Im getting a bit older and going to classify my ability as mediocre. Certainly no Burandt, but Im not a complete idiot either.

I rode a G4 a couple times and it just seemed way easier for me to carve with it. My Axys seems to take more effort to get on the edge, but once there its rock solid. My days of tight trees in a serious slope are over. Just seems later in the day it takes me more energy to ride then it used too. Getting old sucks.

Am I going to see a noticeable difference from a 18 to the new front end as far as putting it up on edge?

I think the G4 would be a better sled for you. More reliable and feels like more power. The Polaris only dominates the Doo in the steep and technical terrain and if that's not your forte anymore I would seriously consider the Doo.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I think the G4 would be a better sled for you. More reliable and feels like more power. The Polaris only dominates the Doo in the steep and technical terrain and if that's not your forte anymore I would seriously consider the Doo.

The only thing the Doo dominates at is push through the snow instead of getting on top of it. We were in wetter crusty snow and the doc's were stuck multiple times compared to the axys that were with hell even the pro chassis poo's did better than the doo' s that weekend.

I will say the Doo is easier to initiate a sidehill but they are harder to get unstuck and don't pop up on the snow like a poo. The poo 19's are better at rolling on edge but still not as easy as a Doo but IMHO the poo is better everywhere else.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I rode a 19 155 this weekend; YES, was surprised the difference. And it was an 850, amazing how that motor just pulls and pulls. I was trying to get it stuck a few times, and it just keeps tractoring along.

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Just put offset spindles on your 18 and you will be smiling. They work excellent and will give you the benefits of the narrow front end. I have a 19 and 2 18’s so this is from experience. Or treat yourself to a new sled.

Premium Features