• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some advice

S
Feb 17, 2014
Hi all, I recently bought a 2018 ktm 500 EXC-F that came with a 120 RAW kit.
The kit has the fixed strut but the previous owner got it all out of adjustment.
The local shop was no help and the nice lady at Polaris customer service wanted to sell me a new kit for $350:face-icon-small-sad

Anyone know how long this strut should be for the setup in question? Ive played with it but not sure how much ski pressure should be there and more worrisome is the skid frame touching the airbox.

Anyone have any ideas?

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Hey man a base length is posted on the timbersled website, that being said its a matter of preference. Get the track sitting flat for starters, and if your 18 airbox is like mine it will touch the airbox if its not cut or removed. Mine wasnt hitting enough to be an issue though!

S
Feb 17, 2014
I looked there first and damn if i can find it. The local dealer wasnt able to either. Thanks for the info about the air box, its just starting to push on it so hopefully it wont have to be modded.

B
Jan 29, 2011
I looked there first and damn if i can find it. The local dealer wasnt able to either. Thanks for the info about the air box, its just starting to push on it so hopefully it wont have to be modded.

https://www.timbersled.com/en-us/self-help/article/KA-01115/

Here you go, this should get you started, Scroll down and find KTM - MTN Horse link. Click there. Will open a PDF, scroll down and find your bike.

From what im seeing 13 3/16" looks like your recommended length

Hope this helps

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
experiment

no matter what length you choose for starting out don't fail to experiment with the length. An 1/8" on the rod makes a surprising difference in handling good or bad, traction, and especially trail manners.

Premium Features