• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

tunning turbo sled on stand

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
have any of you guys tuned your sleds on a stand before going to the mountains. we finally got the turbo kit all installed and know im trying to figure out how to work my box. my eg guage hits the red mark just puting it on the trailer last night any help would be great just dont wont to burn it down 1st ride :face-icon-small-sho

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
have any of you guys tuned your sleds on a stand before going to the mountains. we finally got the turbo kit all installed and know im trying to figure out how to work my box. my eg guage hits the red mark just puting it on the trailer last night any help would be great just dont wont to burn it down 1st ride :face-icon-small-sho

as far as tuning under boost my sled only hit 4 lbs on the stand (not enough load) so i couldn't really do much until we got it on the snow.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
should i get my numbers as close as i can on a stand before i take it to the snow ? or just do it all on the snow

M

mod03rmk800

Nov 26, 2007
missoula
You can't tune anything on a stand, well except set your idle and input the box numbers. I like to get my cruising fuel requirements close first, then work on the boost fuel doing short bursts 2-3 seconds. It doesn't take long to squeak a motor under boost. Start your box numbers a little richer than what the instructions state and take the time the first time to tune the thing in. Also a good idea is to start with low boost, use good gas and 'ween' the octane down or ease the boost up after the box.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
what should i start my boost at im runing a silber turbo kit on a D8 i have a pump gas set up and what is the max boost i should run on pump gas ive hers 7 6 and even 10lbs thanks for all the help guys

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
run 6-7 psi, also it wont hurt to run a few gallons of race the first ride just for extra insurance incase something isnt working right.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
well so fare so good im real happy with my silber turbo kit. its just going to take me a few rides to get everything running 100% thanks again for everyones help

Premium Features