• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new Boondocker vs new silber

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I think that was saturday It was @ 12 lbs that thing pulls hard. I rode mine @ 5 lbs in the AM and 10 lbs in the afternoon . It ran flawlessly! worth every penny!

I am so stoked with my Kit! Boston Racing walked me though the install ,invited me to join them and tuned my sled for me. If BD takes care of there customer like SILBER and there dealers ( next level Powersports ) I cant see how you would go wrong with either one of these kits

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
It was at 10 or 12, I can remember. I'm thinking 12 in the lot and it went down to 10 up top. Then I turned it back up to 14 just after that run :face-icon-small-coo

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
It sounds to me like both Silbers and BD's kits are running excellent for the most part this year. There is of course a few guys here or there that are having trouble, either tuning, or with a small problem that has yet to be diagnosed. The thing that I dislike, is a lot of the guys having issues, are very quick on the draw, to discredit the manufacturer. I understand it is frustrating, but have a little bit of patience. Looking through "issues" posts, and having responded in attempts to help to several, it is obvious that SW members, are more than happy to help diagnose and solve many of these issues. Also, It is obvious that Justin Silbernagel is providing superb support for his kits. Many props to him for that. I do however see a lot of guys on here, quick to badmouth BD's tech support. The difference is size of company. BD has a very large # of turbo kits, for 3 of the 4 sled manufacturers, on the snow, Vs. Silber as a much smaller operation, currently specializing in only Polaris. In my experience with BD past and present, they will get back to you, but it may not be within the hour (or on weekends, or past business hours, etc). This is an advantage that Silbers customers do get. However, BD also uses private dealers/distributors for their products, many of whom are extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. Guys like Justin at Code Red, for instance, has been extremely helpful to many guys on here, and who knows how many others. My point is, while calling and trying to get Jared Sessions on the phone probably won't work every time, finding one of BD's dealers that is willing to help, is likely going to provide quality advice. Of course, SW is also a great resource, as many of us have had many of the similar problems with our turbo sleds, somewhere along the way. SW is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most guys on here will provide help if they can. You'll occasionally receive the bad piece of advice, or someone being an a$$, but it is usually easy to spot.

Anyhow, to the original topic. It is great to see so many guys happy with their turbos this year, both Silber and Boondocker. I am running an '11 Pro with a BD kit from last season, with the Intercooler/injector upgrade for this year. I have yet to be on the snow side by side with a Silber kit set up the same as mine. Frankly other than to simply be riding, I don't really care. As long as both sleds are running well, and both riders are happy with what they're on, cool. I feel extremely confident that the way I have my sled set up, paired with my riding style/ability, will perform as well or better than any one else's, regardless of what brand of turbo they're running. For instance, after watching the video of Boston Racing's sled (which obviously runs very well), I would love to go ride with him and switch sleds to try each others out. My bet however, that after the ride, we would still each choose our own sleds as the best. Things like clutching, bar height, suspension set up, etc. is going to be all personal preference. There are way more factors in this than just who makes the turbo kit. To me it looks like they are both working great, and thats a good thing for the sport!

The only way that this could actually hold any merit, would be for two brand new bone stock, identical sleds (preferably with consecutive SN#'s on the motors), to be broke in by the same rider, in the same place/snow conditions, and then to have Justin install his kit in one, and BD to install theirs in the other. Fuel them up with the same fuel, put the boost to the same level, then demo them, letting riders try them for themselves, in the same day at the same place.

Seems like a lot of work to me, just saying. (Maybe a heck of an idea for a SW Mag article though huh?)

Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone. Maybe we'll actually get some snow in the lower 48 this year, and we can all go ride our bada$$ turbo sleds in the conditions they were meant for. I hope everyones sled runs great, and you love riding it, regardless of what brand parts are on it!

Premium Features