• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M1000 Le 162

Mar 25, 2008
BC
hey guys,
New to Cats, but proud to soon be an owner of an 09 m1000le when it arrives. been reading a lot on them, and a couple buddies of mine ride Ms. i am looking for people's input on what acessories you feel are necessary for the M when i buy it. It comes with the boss seat, and i am looking to keep this sled relatively stock for now, but will add some things. (not looking to go as far as piping etc..)

Soo, what i have my mind set on so far is deffinately throwing Side vents on. What else do you guys feel is necessary? (it would be nice if you included estimate costs as im on a bit of a budget, but dont hold out from suggestions due to cost, ideas always help)

Thanks!
05Tacoma

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
The first two thing i would do is put the knee pads on the cowling ($39) Saves the knees.
And an Ole riser. I put a 4" one on my m1000 ($44 i think).:D
Good luck you will love the sled.

Mar 25, 2008
BC
thanks for the feed back!.. keep em coming!

as for the skis.. i also was thinking the powder pros would be nice.. as fore a can, i will save that for later... would love to add it asap but the cost of new sleds these days, especially in canada, will make that wait for a couple months at least.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
Sale it off as soon as you can and buy a well set up KK!!:D
The summer sucks and I think Friday is my last ride of the season (i hope not) but you know how the 4m can get for smack talk in the summer. LOL just watch your back for the old KKs and add vents...:beer;

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
D&D Y-pipe, timbersled intake and a mrbp stinger, you'll be set. This is where I'm starting with mine. BB or turbo next year.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Ya but you shouldnt need a riser because of the new handbars right or am i wrong

Your right i forgot it was a 09.

Add a couple of flow rites in front of the clutches. it will help to cool them down and save your belts.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
a Y (choose brand, I like the D&D) $170 or so and intake (choose brand, BDxtreme is by far best bang for the $$) $150

can to lose weight (no hp gain, mfgr's full of sh*t) I like super/ultra Q, quietest cans for the weight loss.

ride an M with simmons first, I loved them on my t-cat, hated them on the M.

the SLP pipe sets I've dealt with personally were losers, maybe each of these guys sucked at tuning, but none of them ran with the SW stuff & the clutching was very difficult to get straight (they carried much less weight then the sw setups & had troubles holding R's).

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
New skis and ice scratchers if you will ever be riding in less than 2 ft of powder. Besides that it should be a pull and go sled. The clutches arent perfect but they are pretty decent.

Premium Features