• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Mountain Chassis??????

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
Pinn, Why all the hate? Every thread I read that you reply on you either bit*& and moan or try to pick a fight with someone. If you dont like Arctic Cats then why get on a Arctic Cat thread?

nhahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahah lmao i laugh every time you people respond like this you people get right up set lmao...... haha i'll keep doing it just to get you girls riled up like honestly why do you people care? i never said i dont like arcticcats im just stressing my point that they take smaller steps then the other brands imo....:D

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
I dont get how anyone can say cat doesnt change anything. The revs ran from 03 to 06, m chassis ran from 05 to current. i guess adding an 800 and 1000 to the stables isnt really a big change, or the spindles, or the rear skid, or the handlebars and risers, or the clutching..... what did skidoo change on the rev from 04 to 06, the seat and risers. and why are people always having to put new rings and pistons in the revs after 2000 miles, wierd. but hey at least cat gives us new decals each year and that it, or so you say.

actually from the summit rev was from 04 to 07 and skidoo managed to make a lighter sled every every year in production the 06 m7 to the 07 m8 weighed quite a bit more and the o5 and o6 m7 were exact same different decals o7 had the 2 new motors then 08 new rear suspension plus other small features

1100Cat

Nov 29, 2007
I think I am going to jump in on the Doo forum now and bash their sleds so I can be loser like this azzhat above. Maybe time you actually quit being a keyboard jockey pull out your prize possesion and put it against a 1000 and show us all some vids. Oh wait that would prove you look like a bigger @#$@ than you already are.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
nhahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahah lmao i laugh every time you people respond like this you people get right up set lmao...... haha i'll keep doing it just to get you girls riled up like honestly why do you people care? i never said i dont like arcticcats im just stressing my point that they take smaller steps then the other brands imo....:D

I think it's mainly cuz arctic cat doesn't put a sled into production until it's dependable and ready to use. I'm sure they have some stuff in a lab somewhere that will blow the xp away. maybe it's even baby blue?? but who cares. if it's gonna break down half way up the mountain somewhere like the xp. Just cuz doo uses customers as test pilots doesn't mean that cat should. I'm ok buying dependable technology that's a year behind it's broken down rival. And to me a good sign that cat is doing something right, is the low prices, highest resale value. And loyal customers. I've never heard of someone switching cuz of a not so dependable cat. I've heard that about both the poo and the doo.

Last edited:
N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California

LMAO

I have not had a skidoo put a mark over me in 4 years, modded or not :rolleyes:

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
LMAO

I have not had a skidoo put a mark over me in 4 years, modded or not :rolleyes:

now nate be nice to pinadickonmyface or what ever the guys name is. now tell him what you are riding this winter?:eek: besides he is lost the doo 4m has the same o'l stuff about this motor went boom and that motor was sitting at the dealer on back order for half of the season or i can only get one belt replaced ect...:D

I'm not sure if this is even on topic anymore, my delima (only a delima if business goes well) is whether to pick up an '09 M8, or wait for the "new" 2010s. The way I see it the 09 Ms will be the pinnacle of the current M chassis, much like my current 05 KK is as far as they could reasonably go with the ZR chassis. Knock on wood my KK has been bullet proof, and I still really like the machine. I think the '09s will perform very well for several more years, proven chassis, should have the kinks out of the motors, lost weight, electronic reverse, new bars and seat options, the suspension is right up there with the Holz I've got under the KK...

G
May 14, 2008
Arctic cat is the only one that listens to their customers and tries to improve their sleds. Maybe they should be more like doo and make peices of **** with sweet smurf colors. I bet there alot faster and more reliable cause of that color.

dude have u put in serious time on an xp after u get ur stuff fixed after the recalls? ya there was recalls, but it was to make the sled better, but it was a first year chassis so there always problems with that, all cat did this year to drop 22 pounds off the m chassis was port the **** out of everything they could (making the chassis as good as swiss cheese) and throw some fox floats on it, and theyre STILL 45 pounds heavier than a rev xp when wet

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
haha i ride with a group of cats i know how they go and i know how a set up xp goes in the steep and deep is where they shine imo....... im crying in laughter though every one defending there brand haha another sucess full post got you people fired off again to bad you people dont under stand im just bugging you lol

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I am in the same boat should I buy a 2009 or wait till 2010? I have a 07 and usually trade every 2 years. The M1000 has lost 29.5 lbs in 2 years, the new track "seems" to be a winner, new tunnel looks cool, elec reverse is great, and I actually like the white. Plus I want a 162 for next year. But, $3500-4000 is a big check to write for more or less the same sled albeit with some nice incremental upgrades.

Normally I wouldn’t buy a 1st year product (2010), but Cat has been very solid on their new releases and I loved my 05 M7. I wish there was some news on where they are going. We can all assume less weight, etc, but if they are going twin spar, I’ll pass…

P.S. Thanks PUD3 for your "input" on this subject.

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
dude have u put in serious time on an xp after u get ur stuff fixed after the recalls? ya there was recalls, but it was to make the sled better, but it was a first year chassis so there always problems with that, all cat did this year to drop 22 pounds off the m chassis was port the **** out of everything they could (making the chassis as good as swiss cheese) and throw some fox floats on it, and theyre STILL 45 pounds heavier than a rev xp when wet

Dude, The tunnel is the same but with a different rear section and shorter, electronic reverse and different rails. Thats were the weight was lost. I dont see any thing thats ported on the new 09's that isnt on my 07.

G
May 14, 2008
Dude, The tunnel is the same but with a different rear section and shorter, electronic reverse and different rails. Thats were the weight was lost. I dont see any thing thats ported on the new 09's that isnt on my 07.

the running boards are ported to ****
and u didnt answer my question, have u ever put in serious time on a 08 xp after the rcalls were fixed

B
Nov 26, 2007
those xps sure hand it to the m series. LOL. what a joke. Ive came Across 154 163s and sure they whellie alot. But for handing it to the 1000 in the steep and deep. They sit at the bottom of the hill and poach the cats track.

its funny. when my 700 marks a 154 xp and i didnt use a track and he did. Any input on this? and his sled weighs less.. he was 230ish im just 180. But i dont think it was rider. O yeah. M SERIES DONT BREAK AND NEED TO BE TOWED OUT LIKE A XP? Got Drive Shaft? Got Belts?? Got Clutch???:face-icon-small-win

the 09 is gona kill the xps.

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
I am in the same boat should I buy a 2009 or wait till 2010? I have a 07 and usually trade every 2 years. The M1000 has lost 29.5 lbs in 2 years, the new track "seems" to be a winner, new tunnel looks cool, elec reverse is great, and I actually like the white. Plus I want a 162 for next year. But, $3500-4000 is a big check to write for more or less the same sled albeit with some nice incremental upgrades.

Normally I wouldn’t buy a 1st year product (2010), but Cat has been very solid on their new releases and I loved my 05 M7. I wish there was some news on where they are going. We can all assume less weight, etc, but if they are going twin spar, I’ll pass…

P.S. Thanks PUD3 for your "input" on this subject.

Nub- I am in the same boat as you. My 07 M1000 has lost around 38 lbs and I did the BDX tunnel convesion..so 09 is OUT for me..no sense for just the reverse... Now 2010? Yep that the one to wait for.new chassis for sure and I have been told that the hair dryer only goes in the twin spar- and the mountain sleds get the new chassis......I am thinking 2011 depending on what is all show and what really goes.... I see the m1000 getting a bump from the factory..but no turbo for the mountain

MD

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
those xps sure hand it to the m series. LOL. what a joke. Ive came Across 154 163s and sure they whellie alot. But for handing it to the 1000 in the steep and deep. They sit at the bottom of the hill and poach the cats track.

its funny. when my 700 marks a 154 xp and i didnt use a track and he did. Any input on this? and his sled weighs less.. he was 230ish im just 180. But i dont think it was rider. O yeah. M SERIES DONT BREAK AND NEED TO BE TOWED OUT LIKE A XP? Got Drive Shaft? Got Belts?? Got Clutch???:face-icon-small-win

the 09 is gona kill the xps.

you should try going riding with a xp that is set up and a person that can ride..... if i based my opinions on what i see up the mountains from the albertans id say an xp wouldnt beat a 800 zx but when your riding with one that is set up and a good rider you'd be surprised where that 800 will go... why does every one try and compare the 1000 to the 8 any how with the extra power and torque the 1000 should leave the xp in the dust but its funny cause they dont....:)

feetsbig

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
B.C.
obviously PUD has never ridden with a well set up M1,the closest an XP gets is when they are on the tow rope,seriously PUD,get out of the Cat forum and go hang out with your Doo Doo buddies and tell each other how good they are.and btw are you like 12?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
advantage to doo..???

haha i ride with a group of cats i know how they go and i know how a set up xp goes in the steep and deep is where they shine imo....... im crying in laughter though every one defending there brand haha another sucess full post got you people fired off again to bad you people dont under stand im just bugging you lol

well l love the cats...but realistically every canadian taxpayer owns a doo because of the millions /billions of goverment dollars that has gone to Quebec and yes BOMBARDIER...SO EVEN THOUGH EVERY ONE OF US CANADIAN TAXPAYERS OWN BOMBARDIER...MANY OF US STILL PREFER OTHER BRANDS....me a prefer Cat...man if CAT had access to the taxpayers pocket the way doo has had for years theY would be ten times the machine over doo rather then the current 5 times

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
you should try going riding with a xp that is set up and a person that can ride..... if i based my opinions on what i see up the mountains from the albertans id say an xp wouldnt beat a 800 zx but when your riding with one that is set up and a good rider you'd be surprised where that 800 will go... why does every one try and compare the 1000 to the 8 any how with the extra power and torque the 1000 should leave the xp in the dust but its funny cause they dont....:)

PUD3 maybe you missed his name it ends in M7 not M1000. He was commenting because he was able to beat an 8 with a 7. So he is reasoning that if he can beat it with his 7 a 1000 would have no problems at all. His 7 is set up very well, and works pretty good on the hill. He is a good rider and can hold his own. I had an XP climb nearly as high as my old 1000 this year. But he did ride up my down track to do it. I gave it crap about poaching track all the way up. And at least the guy is honest he said it was the only way he was gonna get there.

As for the chassis, OK take this with a grain of salt as I am still on a T-Cat. I rode the 09 M8 at Arcticman this year and really like it. I would be willing to give up the big hp for the lightweight easy to handle sled. It was just a joy to ride. I pounded it down bumpy trails and man the new rear skid is on par with the Holz I have under my T-cat if not better. Track works great in all conditions. I really liked being able to do a U turn coming down hill with ease the carvablility (I know its not a word) was great. I will own one in the next year or two.

Premium Features