• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ctec2 oil

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Didn’t realize there was different oil for ctec2 engines. Bought a new left over ‘15 m6000... using apv oil just for first tank premix shouldn’t matter should it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Owners manual says no premix is needed on ctech800, im sure the 600 is the same so, use any oil u want in the fuel tank.

Mountain Cat

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
Didn’t realize there was different oil for ctec2 engines. Bought a new left over ‘15 m6000... using apv oil just for first tank premix shouldn’t matter should it?

I've never bought into dealers saying to use their oil or else with new sleds until the NEW C-tech oil came out. that stuff is the thinnest oil i have ever seen and my dealer claims the electronic oil pump doesn't like any other oil.

id definitely stick with C-tech oil in the oil injection tank

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Ok. The guy said to mix at 100:1 on first tank. I was going to stick with ctec2 oil in the oil reservoir but just for the first tank for premix just use 8 oz of apv. I’ll have to read the manual and see what it says for using premix. Took dealers word for it. Maybe don’t need to bother.

Premium Features