• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do YOU pay to use this site?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
What's Bull S#$% is that we pay AND have to put up with the damn ads!

I will agree to this. Eventhough, there is times that I click on some of the adds. The Ford commercials slow me down though.

I pay because over the last 13 years of being on here, I have gained a ton of valuable info; made really good friends and riding partners; and some of the pure entertainment(looter thread, NFMH, dingleberrys thread).

I am sure there is upkeep costs ect with the site. Also the swap meet. I have sold and bought numerous sleds, parts, ect.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I happily pay because I feel that what I get is worth as much as I pay.

That being said, I received a "time out" awhile back because I voiced an opinion that was not favorable to Janes when I strongly disagreed with something in his article.
I lost a lot of respect for the SW organization on that one, as I do not believe I would have been banned for saying the same thing about a fellow member.
I do not believe the hierarchy at SW deserve any special "protection" from conversation that takes place here.
Also, I think paid members should be allowed considerably more leeway regarding what is acceptable & what isn't.

But yes, it is worth what they ask as far as I'm concerned.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
if this site was smaller I would have reconsidered paying...but it is a large site..

and I have saved thousands in the swapmeet...and the info is very very substantial on this site for problem resolution..

The ads that "pertain" to snowmobiling I don't mind as long as they are not dominate like some ..

as well I do not wish to see any pressure to weed out the BASIC members to pay by unfair measures as I have benefited from the Basic fella's just as much in both technical and swapmeet sections as from the paid members..

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I pay to be able to read through the super long threads that are capped for free members.

The banner ads blow. As a paid subscriber I should at least be offered the option to opt out.

skiwiz

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
laramie wy
my 2 cents

I pay so I can help others with tech and give info and pics on snow conditions

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
I've had better luck finding local parts here than anywhere else. it's a bit stuffy for my taste, but overall... decent enough folks. the avi vids were worth the membership this year, at least.

I also like the organization to the site here. being a staff on other sites helps you to appreciate some of the smaller stuff, I guess.
(not on other sled sites.)

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
It took about a week on this site to realize that paying to become a premium member was worth it. I was able to do a complete tear down on my '09 700 RMK and transform it into what it is now with what I learned from this site.

Started out with this:

to this:

then on to this:

then finish it up with this:

Up to this point the most I'd ever done to a sled is change spark plugs and belts. Well worth the few dollars IMO.

Last edited:

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
I pay for the technical advice on sled issues and modifications; to look at pictures of people putting in the wrench time to create completely custom sleds; to look at riding pictures when I am not able to ride whether it due to snow or time constraints; and mainly because I love everything about snowmobiles and snowmobiling. It is no different then paying for a hunting and fishing license every year, it you love it then it should never be an issue because the enjoyment out-weighs the money. Just my .02.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
It took about a week on this site to realize that paying to become a premium member was worth it. I was able to do a complete tear down on my '09 700 RMK and transform it into what it is now with what I learned from this site.

Up to this point the most I'd ever done to a sled is change spark plugs and belts. Well worth the few dollars IMO.

Nice sled, you did a great job on it and added a lot of value back into it. Question for ya though..... How did becoming a premium member help in rebuilding this sled? Did all of the help and knowledge you got come from posts in threads after the 100th post and you couldn't have gotten the same info if you had remained a basic member? Eric

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Nice sled, you did a great job on it and added a lot of value back into it. Question for ya though..... How did becoming a premium member help in rebuilding this sled? Did all of the help and knowledge you got come from posts in threads after the 100th post and you couldn't have gotten the same info if you had remained a basic member? Eric

It was only like 50 or 75 then. And yes, being able to read older posts past the 50 or 75 mark did help.

Actually don't remember what it was like being a Basic member - I wasn't that cheap to pony up the $$$ for 3 year membership. In February, I'll be a "Lifer".

Last edited:

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
You guys that are complaining about the ads .. .and for those who are gonna come after this post and complain about the ads . .. ...ADBLOCK!!!!!!!!!!! .. .simple as that . .. .NO MORE ADS!!!!! . .gettit! ... . ..and just for of the ones who can't read . . . . .AAHHD BLAAWK!

Premium Features