• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I thnk this is it for me

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
To everyone I have spoken with and met on here:
Thanks for all your help and being a friend, I hope to see you on the hills again and in another forum. Snowest has been a home to me but I think I have to find a new home. Honestly guys its not a money thing because I know I can scrap up the money, it is just the way things have happend here and I just can't take it any more.
Good luck here if you stay.
Dont worry if you ordered a shirt from me I will keep in touch with you until everyone gets theirs.
Yamadoo04
Peace

With that said I must now send my rampage to christopher and let everyone lese see it because I can't send hima PM direclty right now.

SO I TRYIED TO JUST SEND THIS TO CHRISTOPHER BUT SINCE I AM OVER MY LIMIT ON PM'S I CANT SEND OR RECIEVE ANY MORE UNTIL I DELETE OVER 400 MESSAGES. SO INSTEAD OF BRINGING IT UP WITH HIM I GUESS EVERYONE CAN READ MY RAMPAGE. OH YEAH ANYBODY NOTICE THAT CHRISTOPHER WHO HAS BEEN ONLINE EVERY FREAKLING MOMENT IS NOT NOT ONLINE LATLEY? HMMMM.... ME THINKS HE IS SICK OF ALL THE CRAP HE HAS BEEN GETTING LATLEY.

HERE IS MY MESSAGE TO HIM.

CHRISTOPHER
THAT'S IT YOU FREAKING RETARD. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THE LAST WEEK HAS BASICALLY TAKEN US FROM STILL BEING ABLE TO USE THE FORUM TO WHY THE HELL DO I WANT TO BE HERE ANY MORE. IT WAS ONE THING TO ADD FEATURES TO THE FORUM AND MAKE THOSE AVAILABE TO THOSE THAT PAID BUT NOW YOU HAVE LIMITED IT SO MUCH THAT ONLY PAID MEMBERS CAN DO ANYTHING ANYMORE. A GUEST CAN'T EVEN READ MANY OF THE FORUMS ANY MORE ULESS THEY REGISTER. NOW A FREE MEMBER CAN ONLY READ XX AMOUNT OF THREADS, AND NOW OUR PM'S WENT FROM 1000 DOWN TO 100!!! THATS FREAKING REDICTULOUS. YOU HAVE CUT OUR USABILITY BY 90% ON THIS FORUM AND I FOR ONE HAVE HAD IT. YOU HAVE SINGLE HANDEDLY TAKEN THE FORUM DOWN HILL WITH ALL THESE IMPROVEMENTS THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE USERS DIDN'T EVEN WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU KEEP PREACHING THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO LISTEN THE THE MEMBERS BUT THAT IS COMPLETELY A LIE. YOU ARE ONLY DOIONG WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TO MAKE A FREAKING BUCK. WELL I FOR ONE WILL NEVER GIVE YOU A DIME FOR THIS SITE. YOU HAVE BIG INTENTIONS THINKING "HEY IF I CAN GET 40,000 PEOPLE TO GIVE US $30 FOR THREE YEARS WE WILL HAVE $1,200,000 IN OUR POCKETS TO DO "UPGRADES."" NEW SERVERS DO NOT COST THAT MUCH MONEY AND YOU WOULD POCKET THE REST.

DONT GET ME WRONG I UNDERSTAND YOU NEED MONEY TO RUN THIS PLACE BUT THATS WHAT THE ADVERTISERS ARE THERE FOR. THEN IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A PAID ONLY FEATURES I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT BUT, TO TAKE AWAY 90% OF WHAT WE USED TO BE ABLE TO DO IS CRIMINAL. I DONT THINK SNOWEST WILL LAST. WELL AT LEAST IT WILL NEVER HAVE THE CONTENT THAT IT USED TO HAVE. PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO PAY TO GIVE THEIR OPINIONS AND HELP ONE ANOTHER OUT.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ENDEVOUR BUT I FOR HOPE YOU CRASH AND BURN.

Last edited:
R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
ya i agee we should read all posts and have no you reached your limit. if i wanted to i would pay but i am keeping every dime. i dont know why he couldnt let us see our snow reports with out the gay you have reached your limit!!!! i love snowest but it has really changed.
Christopher can you please change it back like before???? or atleast let all basic members be able to read all threads through without a limit?

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah and quit editing my Currently you azzhats!!! I guess I can't have three certain words go together. HUMM.....

Chrisopher you have pissed off a lot of people today by turning our stuff off. You will see a dramatic decline very soon.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, I've bit my tongue until now, but **** it, ban me for all I care, this site has all but been rendered completley useless to me at this point. "Extra new features"? You mean the ones that are pretty well standardized across any other board related to hobbies on the internet ....? Wow I am really biting my tongue here ..... even now. Wow.

I'd still like to know what constituted Harris publishing contracting this guy to run the site ....? It seems to me however, that the site has been sold outright to the new admin. In which case, I think it's a sad day.

The site was fine until this guy came in. There was nothing wrong with it. If Harris Publishing was not making ends meet on this site, well, welcome to the economy in 2009 .... Nobody was. This site is effectivley based on peoples' disposable income, and when that dries up so does the entire recreation industry, but specifically peoples' budgets on buying aftermarket products for products that are already primarily purchased with disposable incomes. Hiring somone who has clue zero about the snowmobiling community to "rejuvinate" the site was about as brainless of idea as I can think of, which is why I'm pretty sure the site has been sold outright. Who the hell is going to do that in their right mind?

I've been on countless boards such as this before, and there have been few instances where I've seen somone run a very community-based, productive board such as SnoWest once was into the ground as quickly as the current administrator has.

I'm still not sure what all the details are, but either way, the current administrator here has done nothing but drive this site into the ground. I categorically refuse to pay for the usage of this site, ESPECIALLY when you consider how much money I have spent on site sponsors' products.

Furthermore, it isn't about the "price" of the membership. $15 is quite trivial, but it's a matter of principle here. There is absolutley %100 no incentive whatsoever to pay for the usage of this website under the current conditions.

I was open to the idea at first. No, really. I really was. However, after witnessing the chain of events that have transpired the last two months specifically, I have come to the conclusion that not only is the current administrator completley incompetent when it comes to running a board of this nature, he is incredibly arrogant and rude.

I'm quite sure I'll be banned outright for my opinions here, but like I said, I think this site has been rendered almost totally useless to me at this point.

Thanks to everyone I've met off this site in the past and the guys who have helped me with technical info. Perhaps they'll all see this facade for what it is, a sole individual trying to turn something into his personal cash cow with a bunch of BS gimmicks .... and migrate elsewhere.

Really folks, I've been as open-minded as anyone about this and I've really bit my tongue until now, but this has crossed into the absurd.

If this guy can't figure out how to run a profitable board without taxing the users the he needs to back to SysAdmin 101 shcool ... it's that simple. Like I said earlier this has crossed into the absurd.

Take care everyone.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Ok, I've bit my tongue until now, but **** it, ban me for all I care, this site has all but been rendered completley useless to me at this point. "Extra new features"? You mean the ones that are pretty well standardized across any other board related to hobbies on the internet ....? Wow I am really biting my tongue here ..... even now. Wow.

I'd still like to know what constituted Harris publishing contracting this guy to run the site ....? It seems to me however, that the site has been sold outright to the new admin. In which case, I think it's a sad day.

The site was fine until this guy came in. There was nothing wrong with it. If Harris Publishing was not making ends meet on this site, well, welcome to the economy in 2009 .... Nobody was. This site is effectivley based on peoples' disposable income, and when that dries up so does the entire recreation industry, but specifically peoples' budgets on buying aftermarket products for products that are already primarily purchased with disposable incomes. Hiring somone who has clue zero about the snowmobiling community to "rejuvinate" the site was about as brainless of idea as I can think of, which is why I'm pretty sure the site has been sold outright. Who the hell is going to do that in their right mind?

I've been on countless boards such as this before, and there have been few instances where I've seen somone run a very community-based, productive board such as SnoWest once was into the ground as quickly as the current administrator has.

I'm still not sure what all the details are, but either way, the current administrator here has done nothing but drive this site into the ground. I categorically refuse to pay for the usage of this site, ESPECIALLY when you consider how much money I have spent on site sponsors' products.

Furthermore, it isn't about the "price" of the membership. $15 is quite trivial, but it's a matter of principle here. There is absolutley %100 no incentive whatsoever to pay for the usage of this website under the current conditions.

I was open to the idea at first. No, really. I really was. However, after witnessing the chain of events that have transpired the last two months specifically, I have come to the conclusion that not only is the current administrator completley incompetent when it comes to running a board of this nature, he is incredibly arrogant and rude.

I'm quite sure I'll be banned outright for my opinions here, but like I said, I think this site has been rendered almost totally useless to me at this point.

Thanks to everyone I've met off this site in the past and the guys who have helped me with technical info. Perhaps they'll all see this facade for what it is, a sole individual trying to turn something into his personal cash cow with a bunch of BS gimmicks .... and migrate elsewhere.

Really folks, I've been as open-minded as anyone about this and I've really bit my tongue until now, but this has crossed into the absurd.

If this guy can't figure out how to run a profitable board without taxing the users the he needs to back to SysAdmin 101 shcool ... it's that simple. Like I said earlier this has crossed into the absurd.

Take care everyone.

I'd give you loads of green for this post, if I could.

R
Sep 3, 2008
boise idaho
i wish chris would answer all of these questions. why cant we read all posts? i figure he was cool enough to let free members read all posts and do everything exept for the new features. not take away avatars, signitures, green rep. come on people have been here for years. Christopher i think we should be able to read completely through all threads without a limit. Sorry for whining but ive had enough! We should have everything back to normal and whoever pays have the new features and could do more but i think the free members should have the rights to read completely through every thread. And we should also have the rights to own an avatar and signiture and to give rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Adios! This site will remain the leader with or without you. Still full of useful people, information and conversations.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Please answer why I can't delete my old pics posted past Feb 2010?

Wait, it's because you want to try to force my to pay; and you'll know a lot of frustrated memebers would delete old pics if they could; which would make this site A LOT worse than it already is starting to become.

Premium Features