• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post count changes?

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
Test, test, 1,2,3,4.
EDIT:
My count went up one, from 1,011 to 1,012.

[Q] Originally Posted by christopher
I just re-ran the counter by hand.

DID ANYONE'S POST COUNT JUST JUMP UP? [/Q]

Last edited:
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I think you are EXACTLY CORRECT.

While I do NOT yet know this for certain.
It "APPEARS" that when the old database was imported from the previous forums, not all the posts came over, but your post count did.

So when the counters went through the current database they didn't find all of the old posts from the previous forums, and your post counts were adjusted to reflect ONLY what is available on this forum.
Old forums were totally dropped. Those that requested their numbers (Join date and post count) be transferred had them overwritten by admin/bigd. Post/join was an offset value from what VBulletin saw.

I just re-ran the counter by hand.

DID ANYONE'S POST COUNT JUST JUMP UP?
Uhm, yeah... by ... a lot... lol

if it recounted -everything-, even posts from deleted threads, I could see my post count being 30k+... but 40k sounds pretty high.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
wow, I lost my entire post count from the old sw.
That cost me almost 6k posts.

I do think that if you had your post count brought over from the old forum it dropped it when they did the update.
So, I lost my post count from the original join date.

Some people didn't lose anything because they joined after the switch.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Just think how Big Darrin must feel, he went from 2147483647 posts to 240!

Just think.........that means he only had to jump in and "moderate" that many times since the new forum, and thats the way it should be!

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Just think.........that means he only had to jump in and "moderate" that many times since the new forum, and thats the way it should be!

That's a good point, but not 100% accurate. I can think of a few posts he made and even a thread he started that had nothing to do with moderating like this one:

http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154826

So it was actually much LESS than 240 posts to keep this rowdy bunch in line thus far.

Premium Features