• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S Chassis Mod and vintage sled pics lets see them

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Took this pic at home a week ago. Not a lot of snow, just went to the end of the road and back.

1216091232a.jpg

Z
Jan 19, 2008
Wrangell, AK
Figured it was time to show Mutt...

Started out with a '97 670 Summit tunnel back in '02. Built the whole thing from parts off of the 4m, ebay, local friends, and friends from abroad. Sled has 'Doo parts, Arctic Crud, Yamaha, and Polaris parts on it. Definately a "mutt" build!

Until recently-
144x2
cat rear skid
fabcraft front end, w/ ZX shocks
D&R, w/ 4" skid set-back and 9-tooth drivers
ZX seat/tank combo
Fly brand ATV bars
Outlaw Composites hood
tunnel-ported 670, SLP twins, 44's, 501, twin EGT's
19/43 gearing
'Doo Precision Skis from REV
ZX front spindles
Reverse kit (yeah, I'm lazy...)

Now that I have an XP, I de-tuned it for my 16yo daughter. Pulled 670, and installed a 470 out of a late 80's Formula. Used all the parts from the Formula - engine, carbs, wiring, primary, secondary, exhaust, and airbox. Had to modify airbox and muffler, but got them to work. 470 runs sweet, and is just fast enough to get her into trouble. Also replaced hood with a stock one.

Feb22010011.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb22010010.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Feb22010012.jpg
[/IMG]

P
Oct 11, 2010
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I am looking for some running board mods.

Any buddy got any pics of their running boards ported? Anyone take the angle foot step at the very front out?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hey, phazertwo.

Here is a few pics of the running board inserts I had in my 97 summit I made a pattern and had then plasma cut out and a bend in them to go up the side of the tunnel worked good just wish they had more foot trackion, but for the money I had in then I would just buy a set of Snow Eliminators instead, they should still be avaliable for the S chassis and if they are buy the longer ones, I know in the zx chassis you can but standard length and longer optioned ones the longer ones are Well worth it!!! Better Boards in another brand to consider also.

Also check out the mod to the seat I had 3 1/2 to 4 inch added to it, was much cheaper than than a Boss seat and they are hard to find, wasn`t a light weight aftermarket seat but this mod really didn`t add much extra weight but for comfort and setting higher along with equal height bar risers to match was the best mod I did to the sled other than the 153 track.

and also yes I had taken out the foot well supports but still had to put a custom staped aluminum piece back in there or your foot would uncomfortably set on and get caught up on the rear trailing arm mount, the alumimum piece hadn`t been put in when I took the pic,

I parted this sled out after buying a Rev Chassis, wish I still had the S Chassis still

Good Luck, Wildcard
013-4.jpg

022-3.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features